Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Muzzy 100 gr.

Old 11-02-2005, 05:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Muzzy 100 gr.

I just switched to these. Do they fly like field points? What is everyones expierance with them?
Old 11-02-2005, 09:15 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Muzzy 100 gr.

I use the 100gr Muzzy 4 blades, these are awsome and fly awsomely as well as youre not over or underspined. My muzzys fly just like my field tips. Make sure you tune your broadheads to your arrows so that the blades match up with the fletching.
Old 11-02-2005, 09:24 AM

I shoot the muzzy 100 gr 4 blades as well. They fly pretty much like my field points and they are a very tough broadhead.

wis bow huntr: How do you line up the broadhead with 3 fletches? I did that when I tried the 3 blade but I just make sure the 4 blades are tight on the arrow. Some say it doent even matter.
Old 11-02-2005, 11:37 AM

Can they fly like field tips, yes. Does that mean they will fly like field tips out of your bow? Who knows for sure. The Muzzy is an accurate head (most heads are if you have your bow tuned). The key is to get your system tuned up & then see what you get.

Old 11-02-2005, 07:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't really think that aligning your BH's to the fletching makes any difference. My Muzzy's fly as true as my field points and I never bothered to try matching them up to the fletching.
Old 11-03-2005, 06:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Orions_Bow

Can they fly like field tips, yes. Does that mean they will fly like field tips out of your bow? Who knows for sure. The Muzzy is an accurate head (most heads are if you have your bow tuned). The key is to get your system tuned up & then see what you get.
Ditto!

Old 11-03-2005, 07:42 AM
Giant Nontypical

When your heads are properly tuned, depending on if you shoot cock feather down or out. You line up your blades so that one matches your cock feather. For example. I shoot cock feather down, I have one blade perfectly aligned with my cock feather on the bottom, thus in return, one blade on top, and two on the sides. Mybroad heads are tuned to my arrow fletchings. If youre shooting 3 blade heads, simply align the blades so they match the fletchings. Youll get better arrow flight this way and cut the amount of wind resistance. If youre using alluminum arrows, and have the the heads tightend into the insert but they dont line up with the fletches, simply take a heating torch and warm the tip of the arrow where the insert is, this will losen up the glue inside. Once the glue is losend up simply turn the broadhead clockwise untill the blades on your broadheads line up with your fletchings. Remember 3 out of4 blades will match the flethcings if youre using 4 blade broadheads. If your using 3 blades, all 3 willmatch up. Its pretty simple.

ORIGINAL: ducsauce

I shoot the muzzy 100 gr 4 blades as well. They fly pretty much like my field points and they are a very tough broadhead.

wis bow huntr: How do you line up the broadhead with 3 fletches? I did that when I tried the 3 blade but I just make sure the 4 blades are tight on the arrow. Some say it doent even matter.
Old 11-03-2005, 08:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

How do you tune the broadhead to match the fletching?

ORIGINAL: wis_bow_huntr

I use the 100gr Muzzy 4 blades, these are awsome and fly awsomely as well as youre not over or underspined. My muzzys fly just like my field tips. Make sure you tune your broadheads to your arrows so that the blades match up with the fletching.
Old 11-03-2005, 09:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

Aligning broadheads to fletchings is an old wives tail usually spoken about by drunken men and women around the camp fire.

I dont matter one iota and wont make a bit of difference to how your arrow flies.

Just think of this how do you align a 4 blade head or a 2 blade head to your fletchings.

Just make sure your bow is tuned and your arrows are tuned ie spin test them to make sure there is no wobble in either end and are the propper spine for your set up.

Then once you have your bow and arrows all tuned up it is time to tune up the shooter with correct form and follow through.
Old 11-04-2005, 05:11 AM

Any broadhead will fly like a field tip out if everything is set-up and working correctly. When they don't, it's because the broadhead is starting out off-line, and then planes to a different location.

There are many thing that can cause a broadhead to plane. The broadheads have to be aligned perfectly straight (spin test). The arrow spine must be correct. The nock travel on the bow, has to be reasonably straight. The bow has to be properly tuned. The arrow shaft has to be reasonably straight and consistantly spined from arrow to arrow. Things like a bent riser or a twisted limb can cause problems. String creep will also wreck havoc to your bow tune.

If you want to put a little forgiveness into your set-up, pay attention to all the above and then choose a broadhead that will give you a high FOC and an arrow stiff enough to handle it. Put helical fletch on it, and enjoy a broadhead that will group as good as your field tips.

Quick Reply: Muzzy 100 gr.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.