Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Damaged Cam

Old 10-31-2005, 10:10 AM

Default Damaged Cam

(I have a Buckmasters G2)
Recently I damaged my cam. I was attempting a practice shot from a stand I was unfamiliar with and was trying a shot while sitting. Anyhow when I released the the cam slammed into the stand and got damaged.

The sides of the channel where the string sits kind of got mushroomed and are partially covering the channel (wish I had pics) Im thinking it may work to just take the cam off the bow and file off the mushrooming. Im worried about the mushrooming damaging the string and leading to more problems. Bassically I want to know where to get a replacement cam and weather this is a job for me or a bow dealer or the factory. How hard is it to replace a cam?

I dont know if I included enough information to get a good answer or not so if not I would be happy to answer any more questions.
Old 11-05-2005, 09:22 PM

Default RE: Damaged Cam

TT,

The bad thing is you will need a bow press to replace the cam. I dont think its a real technically difficult thing to do, but without the right tools you should probably take it to a pro shop. It really dependsalot on howdeep and where the ding is.

I dinged one of my cams on my old hoyt pretty bad. I thought I would end up replacing it.I took it to the pro shop they measured it really close with some calipers and since it was not bent or out of balance, thenthey sanded the edges smooth, andPOLISHED it with a buffing wheel. Still have the cam on the bow today 6 years later.