Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Patriot tuning with new limbs >

Patriot tuning with new limbs

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Patriot tuning with new limbs

Old 10-30-2005, 07:26 PM

Default Patriot tuning with new limbs

I took my 70# 2002 Patriot in and had a new set of 60# limbs put on and a new string and cable. This was done at a very reputable shop in the area. The bow had been tuned and shot well at 70# with 28"2413 aluminums, and 100 gr. tips.

When I went to pick it up, I shot it through paper to see how the tune was, I have switched to Gold Tip 5575's and 100 gr. tips. Center shot looked set up correctly, but it tore a bad tail left tear. We tried moving the rest both dorections and still could not get it to tear well. We decided it could be in the rest, I was shooting a Dalton Mirage and it would not drop well, like it was binding. They installed a Trophy Taker on it and set the drop, which they have done a bazillion times.

I went back to get the bow, shot through paper, and had the same results. At center shot, it tears bad, if I move the rest in, I can kind of get a good tear, but it is obviously out of whack just looking at the arrow.

I am hoping someone might be able to point me in the right direction as to what the cause might be. Could the limbs be bad/twisted, they don't look like it? [:@]
Old 11-01-2005, 02:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Patriot tuning with new limbs

If i looked at my chart right your getting a weak spine reaction.
I know your shooting 60# w/ a 5575 arrow, but from what I've read on this board, most solo's like a stiffer arrow.

Just for grins try dropping your draw weight down to 50ish and see what happens, or try flinging one of your aluminums to see what it does.
I would suggest shooting a lighter weight head, but that might put you too close to 5gpp, I'm not sure.

I shoot my solo pat at 65# and it currently wants a stiffer arrow than my Beman 340's.

Are you shooting the stock slide, or have you gone w/ an aftermarket job?
I lost faith in my alpine glide slide & went back to my factory slide and then to a hicks. Not sure if it was an issue or not, but I ruled it out
Old 11-02-2005, 10:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Patriot tuning with new limbs

Opps, overnight correction. While shooting with my buddy we pulled out or Easton 400 carbonarroes and to my surprise they grouped tighter than my 340’s. When I screwed on a muzzy 100 3 blade and Phantom for grins they were spot on with my FP.
Looks like I’ll be ordering some beman 400’s to see if that’s my fix.

Sorry no help here[&o].