Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

06 Bowtechs!

Old 10-20-2005, 08:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 06 Bowtechs!

Only reason I ask is because I went through 4 sets of limbs on my Liberty. I will give bowtech a look again this year, but I'm going to wait until later in the year to make sure there isnt any limb problems.
Old 10-21-2005, 10:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: JoshKeller

Only reason I ask is because I went through 4 sets of limbs on my Liberty. I will give bowtech a look again this year, but I'm going to wait until later in the year to make sure there isnt any limb problems.
This is something that has kept me away from bowtec so far. There have been a lot of threads on here about bad limbs on their bows. I know every company can have problems but it really does seem that bowtec has more limb issues then others. I understand they have great customer service but I surewould hate to have to use it so much.
Old 10-21-2005, 11:07 AM
Boone & Crockett

Will be intersting to see if anything different is needed to press the Tribute.

Good question. I know that the limb angle on the previous models made it difficult for some press designs. Hopefully the new change in limb angle on the Tribute model isn't enoughto trully create a problem. Somebody is going to have to design an entirely new bow press to keep accomodating for the more and more parallel limbs.

This is something that has kept me away from bowtec so far. There have been a lot of threads on here about bad limbs on their bows. I know every company can have problems but it really does seem that bowtec has more limb issues then others. I understand they have great customer service but I surewould hate to have to use it so much.
I think your feelings on the issue are definitely understandable. On the other hand, I think it has been brought up before that there are an inordinately large number of Bowtech shooters that visit this forum. In which case I would expect to see a slightly larger than average number of problems posted accordingly. Knock on wood, I would expect to experience more limb issues than others considering I probably put more stress on the limbs with my longer draw length and heavier draw weights. I wish I could say that was the case but I have yet to have any type of limb problems with any of the Bowtechs I have owned.

Maybe the new limb angle on this new bow coupled with the offset limb pockets will help address this issue.

Old 10-21-2005, 11:16 AM
Giant Nontypical

Good question. I know that the limb angle on the previous models made it difficult for some press designs. Hopefully the new change in limb angle on the Tribute model isn't enoughto trully create a problem. Somebody is going to have to design an entirely new bow press to keep accomodating for the more and more parallel limbs.
IMHO WWAG's press should have no problems pressing the Tribute.

Old 10-22-2005, 09:23 AM

I've always heard a few mathews and hoyt shooters tell me about those bad bowtech limbs, but i've never heard anyone who's owned a bowtech say they've had cracked or busted limbs, (go figure)
Old 10-22-2005, 11:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've always heard a few mathews and hoyt shooters tell me about those bad bowtech limbs, but i've never heard anyone who's owned a bowtech say they've had cracked or busted limbs, (go figure)
I had a 2004 Liberty and went through 4 sets of limbs before I traded it in on a Hoyt.
Old 10-22-2005, 01:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

My BowTech has been great. But in the past 3 yrs I've owned a Hoyt and Mathews that both had to have limbs replaced. Guess it just goes to show that it can happen to any manufacturer at any time.
Old 10-22-2005, 05:44 PM

ORIGINAL: Marioncountybowhunter

I had 2 of my Bowtechs crack limbs this year. They replaced them with no problem and I am a happy customer.
Old 10-22-2005, 08:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

So they finally eliminate the engineering mistake by eliminating the little knobby on the binary cam. It's good to see they are headed in the right direction now by copying Hoyt's quality and innovation.
Old 10-23-2005, 06:48 AM

and vice versa.

Quick Reply: 06 Bowtechs!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.