Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Best arrow & Carbon wrapped question >

Best arrow & Carbon wrapped question

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Best arrow & Carbon wrapped question

Old 10-18-2005, 02:25 PM
Fork Horn

Default Best arrow & Carbon wrapped question

When you see the words " carbon wrapped", what do they actually mean?
I have an 70lbs Extreme VFT with an intentionally short draw lengthshooting a25 3/4 inch arrow with a 100gr broadhead. I have been shooting the Blackhawk Vapor 4000 5595 arrows, but I am thinking of a change. I am very accurate with the Vapors, but I was hoping to pick up a little more speed, penetration (I realize speed does not equal penetration), no fliers, etc... Just an all around better arrow, if there is one out there. I have been looking at the Goldtip Pro Hunters or the Carbon Express Maxima. Any suggestions?
I also waondered what actually hunters have experienced with Carbon Express's "Buff Tuff + Crossweave" finish. I have a drop away rest and new carbon arrows seem to make a wisping sound over the felt if I have not shot them quite a bit. I thought of rubbing them down with steel woll, but I love to shoot so it helps give me an excuse. I just wondered how quite this new finish was, is Blackhawk 4000 the best arrow, are Gold Tips the best out there, etc...
Thanks for the help!
Old 10-20-2005, 06:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Best arrow & Carbon wrapped question

The best arrow is pretty much an opinion question. My personal thoughts are that the Easton Axis is an excellent arrow. You will find a lot of people that agree and a lot of people that disagree. It's small diameter does allow for an incredible amount of penetration. As for the carbon weave patter, the only arrow I've shot with it was the CXL 250 and they were terrible in the durability category.

As for the carbon wrapped, they generally refer to an arrow such as the Easton ACC or AC Kinetic which is aluminum with carbon around it.
http://www.eastonarchery.com/products/target/aceExtreme/default.asp

Good luck with your decision.