Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Replacement strings for Bowtech's?? >

Replacement strings for Bowtech's??

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Replacement strings for Bowtech's??

Old 10-08-2005, 09:52 AM

Default Replacement strings for Bowtech's??

This question is for anyone who has experience with different makes of bowstrings and cables for your Bowtech. I have a 04" Patriot SC which is in need of a new cable. I thought I would change the string as well. I am looking at Vapor Trail, Stone Mountain, Winners' Choice and anyone else who makes quality strings and cables. Are you guys having better luck with one of these than others?? Thanks for any assistance.

Old 10-08-2005, 05:05 PM

Default RE: Replacement strings for Bowtech's??

I like winners choice and prefer 452x for my cables. Two buddies of mine have been ordering their cables from eders.com in 452x and love them. I used bowman once and he did not get the measurements right. Good luck.
Old 10-08-2005, 05:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

I use J.A.M strings ( 452x) made by one of the members here called "Gibblet" give him a PM and he will take good care of you. He makes excellent products and has excellent service.
Old 10-08-2005, 07:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

I couldn't agree with Terry more on this ,I've had a couple set's ,made for myself including a set of floating yoke's for my PatriotDually,I've also had severel set's made for my bowhunting buddies and they're very happy with thewm as well .Give him a PM and ask the question's you need to ask ,you'll find that he's very knowledgable at building string's and he'll honour any warranty issue's as well.Also you won't find a better price anywhere .

nubo
Old 10-08-2005, 10:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

I used Gibblet's string and cable on my Patriot and I love them. Great guy to do business with.
Old 10-09-2005, 06:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

How much did u guys pay for gibblets string? and cables?
Old 10-09-2005, 06:26 PM
Boone & Crockett

I have used all of the above at one time or another and never really found one to be significantly better than the other. Gibblet makes a fine string from what I hear as well.
Old 10-09-2005, 09:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

completely agree with nubo
Old 10-09-2005, 10:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Trapper_Hunter

How much did u guys pay for gibblets string? and cables?
I don't recall the exact price but I believe it was less than $50 for both the string and cable.
Old 10-10-2005, 08:22 AM

i'm still charging $45 for 2 color and $55 for 3 color. (hopefully its not illegal to post this here - not trying to break any rules)

other than me, you can't go wrong with bowtech's replacement strings. jamie, the sales rep and fellow who taught everyone there how to make strings is an excellent string maker. that guy knows his stuff forwards and backwards, and he's got some really incredible equipment there, and in his garage, really incredible. there are only a couple guys out there i'll go to with questions, and he's 1 of them. chris from bcy is the other.

Quick Reply: Replacement strings for Bowtech's??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.