Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 I don't think I like my lumenoks! >

I don't think I like my lumenoks!

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

I don't think I like my lumenoks!

Old 10-08-2005, 08:50 AM

Default I don't think I like my lumenoks!

I was all pumped to shoot a deer with My lumenoks because I thought it would be the coolest thing ever.
Last night I took a 17 yard, broadside shot at a doe.I had kind of forgotten about the lumenok, so when I pulled the trigger it really startled me! The lumenok seemed so bright, it wasa distraction, my eyes locked on it like "whats that!?" and they kind of locked on the arrow for a second after it was in the ground. Then the deer took off and I wasn't even sure exactly where the arrow had hit the deer! Maybe Im just weird but it seemed so bright and its hard to focus on everything because my eyes were stuck on the lumenok!?

Maybe its just me, lol. I don't know if Im going to use them again.
It was great after the shot though! You could see that arrow sticking in the ground a long ways away when we came back 3 hrs later.
About the shot: There was a ton of blood on the ground around the arrow. There was a really good blood trail and she only went about 90 yards.

Old 10-08-2005, 08:57 AM

Default RE: I don't think I like my lumenoks!

I would at least give then another try and if you still don't like them,then get rid of them.All i can say is i love mine
Old 10-08-2005, 09:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'll be the first in line to buy them from ya, that is if ya decide to sell them!
Old 10-08-2005, 09:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Guess I'm just "old school". I learned many years ago that the best shots I make are those where I don't even se the arrow go. If I do what I'm supposed to do the arrow is right where my pin was when the bow went off. So, on a personal basis it's a matter of having confidence in my equipment and my ability with it.

And I just can't see putting a $10 nock in a $12 arrow with a $10 broadhead on the front of it. Archery is getting too "gadget" oriented.

Glad you found your deer. Despite the distraction it sounds like you held your form and made a good shot.
Old 10-08-2005, 10:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

somebody just posted a way to make your own. i made a bunch for 3$ each and all my family and friends that bow hunt now have one. they are way cool one thing about archery gear is that not all the gadgets are for everyone.for instance my brother cant use a kisser button or a wrist strap on his bow. my other brother hates using a stabilizer. to each his own.
Old 10-08-2005, 10:22 AM
Giant Nontypical

Sounds to melike you didn't do any practice shootingwith themin low light conditions. If you had done so, you'd haveknown what to expect rather than wind upbeing startled by the tracer effect.

Lumenocks are not something I'd ever use, but I am a big proponent of shooting and practicing withyour hunting gearin ALL conditions. All equipment-related suprizes should happen on the practice range, not in the stand. That's the critter's turn to suprize you.
Old 10-08-2005, 06:56 PM

I love mine....i didnt even see it till after my deer had ran off and i thought to myself ill go look for my arrow now....totally forgetting...i had the tracer...i looked down and there it was

Old 10-08-2005, 10:13 PM

Sounds to melike you didn't do any practice shootingwith themin low light conditions. If you had done so, you'd haveknown what to expect rather than wind upbeing startled by the tracer effect.

Arthur, I've done alot of practice with them, in all conditions.I have shot them in the dark alot (outside by the yard light so I could see the target). It was actually really bright out yet when I shot the doe, it wasn't low-light conditions yet. It was 5:30!
I don't know whyit seemed so weird. I guess I will give it another shot.

Old 10-09-2005, 11:13 AM

ORIGINAL: liquidorange

somebody just posted a way to make your own. i made a bunch for 3$ each and all my family and friends that bow hunt now have one.
Where's that post?

or

How do you make your own lumenocks?

Tim
Old 10-09-2005, 06:27 PM
Boone & Crockett

I haven't used them yet myself but I can understand your distraction. It is hard enough focusing with all that adrenaline pumping. It must be even more difficult with another distraction.

Quick Reply: I don't think I like my lumenoks!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.