HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Technical (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical-20/)
-   -   Regret the Whisker Bisquit (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical/115950-regret-whisker-bisquit.html)

Dairy King 11-06-2005 03:16 PM

RE: Regret the Whisker Bisquit

It slows it down only as much as 5fps, and thats exaggerating it alot. One of my internet buddies did a test using a TM hunter two prong rest versus the WB using 4 inch vanes with a slight left helical and he only found 3 fps difference at the most.

bdu33 11-06-2005 03:22 PM

Dairy....Man I got to hand it to ya. I cant remember the last time I saw a Oneida. Good for you. Hey...how do you like your quick spins? No comment hereon the WB...sorry

therealcoolerman 11-29-2005 10:44 PM

The wb needs to be tuned properly as others have mentioned. I have taken a 98 7/8ths green score pope and young class whitetail Couse Deer at 53 yards with a wb as the rest. I know a drop away has its advantages also. For me the Wb is hard to beat. The vanes can be straightened over a pot of steaming water or as someone stated a hair blow dryer. Good Luck.

DUCKANDBUCKHUNTERMAN 11-30-2005 09:12 AM

IF YOU USE CARBON ARROWS DONT USE THE CARBON HOLDER USE THE ALUMION.

liquidorange 11-30-2005 04:04 PM

if you get brave you can trim the back side of the biscuit where the fletch pass through or even take the biscuit out and clip a small part of the metal ring to be able to open the hole even more. be careful though. if you take too much bristle off the arrow falls through the sides. i dont cut any of the black part of the bristle. i did notice better groups and only a bit fletch wear.

pineywoods 12-13-2005 07:17 PM

Hey guys how does the WB work with feathers? i see everyone talking about vanes. Almost afraid to ask. LOL Spent a hour and a half just reading the posts last night.LOL

Marioncountybowhunter 12-13-2005 07:26 PM

All you potential WB purchasers out there, take a look at the NAP Quicktune 360, my buddy suggested i get a WB but after talking with a few ppl about the 360, i took a chance on it, i couldnt be happier with it, nice groups, i can turn my bow any which way i want (ive even bumped my arrow on my tree a few times) my arrow never pops out of the rest, solid as a rock. Just make sure you remind yourself every time you shoot to load arrows cock feather up.

wis_bow_huntr 12-14-2005 05:58 AM

ORIGINAL: pineywoods

Hey guys how does the WB work with feathers? i see everyone talking about vanes. Almost afraid to ask. LOL Spent a hour and a half just reading the posts last night.LOL

I have had a WB on my bow for about3-4 years and I shoot feathers. The WB will cause some damage if your doing alot of shooting. I love WB and if you ask me the WB is a little more forgiving on feathers than on vanes. I haven been shooting the same feathers on my bow since I got the WB put on. Some of the fletchings are wore down pretty good but still fly true, fast and accurate. Go with feathers.

bullethole 12-15-2005 05:24 PM

A lot of folks love the biscuit - so it must be a good rest. I've only shot ita few times. I have a QAD Ultra Rest on several bows and I'm very happy with all of them.

Tnarcher 10-18-2011 09:17 AM

Arthur

I joined this thing just to say you are a pr***! I don't use a wb, but I believe I will go buy one right now. You, and your thoughts that no one is correct unless doing it your way (which is outdated, u against cell phones too?), have no room to hunt in my camp. Let people enjoy these forums. Leave!
Good luck hunters