Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Diamond Victory Cable Wear!!!! >

Diamond Victory Cable Wear!!!!

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Diamond Victory Cable Wear!!!!

Old 09-28-2005, 09:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Diamond Victory Cable Wear!!!!

I just bought my Diamond Victory bow on 9/14 and it is already showing, what I consider to be major wear, on the cable. It's about 2 inches above the came and goes thru the cam during the draw.

Attached are the best photos I could take.

Also attached is one of the string silencers......it broke.

Old 09-28-2005, 09:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Diamond Victory Cable Wear!!!!

Other cable photo.

Old 09-28-2005, 09:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

String silencer photo.

Old 09-28-2005, 10:15 PM
Boone & Crockett

All of the string silencers are just about crap. Leeches are better than they used to be but they aren't all that great either. The best string silencer is cat whiskers cut fairly short. However don't tie them on your string but rather fold tehn in half and wrap them around your string length ways and then use some dental floss to tie around them about four times very tightly. Seaperate them in half and strech the strands and cut with scissors. Makes a nice little ball and does wonders for string vibration.

The cable wear isn't wear but rather serving seaperation. It's going to happen on nearly all strings. WHat happens is where your cable makes the very sharp turn on the module one side gets pulled more than the other side at that spot and the serving seaperates right there. Think about if you were to wrap some string around an aluminum pipe and then bend it around a flag pole. The string would seaperate on the far side and bunch up on the near side. Same thing is happening here.

The only thing you can do, outside of purchasing a premium string and cable is to reserve the cable very tightly.
Old 09-29-2005, 04:40 AM
Boone & Crockett

The cable wear isn't wear but rather serving seaperation. It's going to happen on nearly all strings.
I agree with bigbulls. Simply push the strands back together with your fingernails and wax the string. It is going to continue to happen, especially on that style of cam system but isn't a major concern as long as you continue to monitor it and fix it as necessary.
Old 09-29-2005, 07:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Assuming it's a Victory Solitaire.

In most cases the cable seperation shownis caused by the draw stop not being set up properly which can/will allow the cam to over rotate and will most often result in premature cable wear.

For proper draw stop settings, please refer to the draw stop setting charts on pages 12-13 ofthe Owner’s Manualor see an AuthorizedDiamond Dealer for assistance.

The factory installed string silencers don't always last a long time as they wear from the arms/tentacles flying forward generally hitting the buss cable. If you slide them more towards the middle (not all the way to the middle) they should clear the cable better and last longer.
Old 09-29-2005, 10:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

It is the Solitaire.

ORIGINAL: BowTech_Shooter

Old 09-30-2005, 02:20 PM
Typical Buck

All true.I pushed mine back together,and put some serve tight glue on it,and that has helped alot.It's because the bow has such a radical cam.
Old 09-30-2005, 02:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: BowTech_Shooter

In most cases the cable seperation shownis caused by the draw stop not being set up properly which can/will allow the cam to over rotate and will most often result in premature cable wear.

For proper draw stop settings, please refer to the draw stop setting charts on pages 12-13 ofthe Owner’s Manualor see an AuthorizedDiamond Dealer for assistance.

The factory installed string silencers don't always last a long time as they wear from the arms/tentacles flying forward generally hitting the buss cable. If you slide them more towards the middle (not all the way to the middle) they should clear the cable better and last longer.
What this guy said. The cam on my Patriot will cause this wear too if you let the draw stop peg out too much. I bet you have extremely high letoff too..........
Old 09-30-2005, 04:35 PM
Typical Buck

Is it just me or does the 80% feel like 65%,and the 65% feel like 40% let off?I have to keep alot of pressure on mine.I guess that's because of the design,being the cam doesn't stop on it's own the bolt stops it.

Quick Reply: Diamond Victory Cable Wear!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.