Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Painted stand how long to wait >

Painted stand how long to wait

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Painted stand how long to wait

Old 09-26-2005, 09:05 AM

Default Painted stand how long to wait

I have to sand some surface rust and repaint my climber, how long will it take for the smell of the paint to go away? is there anything I can do to speed it up. I have it siting on my balcony right now.
Old 09-26-2005, 09:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Painted stand how long to wait

The paint smell can take a while to go away. What kind of paint are you going to use?
Old 09-26-2005, 10:26 AM

it is a spray can paint.
Old 09-26-2005, 11:00 AM

Set it in the sun to get hot and dry faster then wash it down good with uncented soap. Next, trappers use a wax to coat traps with that will cover the paint smell that might get you into the woods faster with it. I think it's just parifin wax that you can boil in a big pan or pot ofwater and dip the stand in the boiling wax water to coat.
Old 09-26-2005, 11:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've used the Aervoe Camouflage spray paint and it worked pretty well. It really didn't leave a strong odor after it was completely dry. This was in the spring time though so by the time the season came around there was no detectable paint odor remaining.
Old 09-26-2005, 01:29 PM

I wanted to paint it all summer so I knew it would not smellbut kept putting it off and nowI am stressing.
Old 09-26-2005, 01:33 PM
RWK
Nontypical Buck

Xi! your in trouble, you might have to wait till next year, unless you want to tell me were its at, i'll try it for a few days to see if its good or not. Rich
Old 09-26-2005, 01:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

Just leave it set outside for a few days, and you'll be fine. Spray it down with some scent killer, and hang it up.

Don't wax it, b/c that platform will be slicker than a greasy floor when it's damp - you don't want to fall out and die over little paint smell.

Truth be known, when you're hanging stands, you'll be sweating so heavily that you're bound to stink up the place a little bit anyway.
Old 09-26-2005, 02:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

This close..I wouldn't chance it. Why bring something else into the equation that could cause your confidence to be lowered.
Sand it down ..get some camo tape and tape it up. After you kill that big buck, you'll have all season to paint it for next year!
Old 09-26-2005, 05:43 PM
Fork Horn

I wouldn't take it in the woods with me either. You may have a buck of a lifetime pick you up and you might not even know it. Paint in the spring!

Quick Reply: Painted stand how long to wait

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.