HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Technical (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical-20/)
-   -   NAP 360 Tuning (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical/112649-nap-360-tuning.html)

NY Harvester 09-13-2005 03:15 PM

NAP 360 Tuning

Just replaced My WB with the 360. I marked the riser & shelf where the old rest sat . Anything else toconsider/adj. before adj. my sight?

NY Harvester 09-13-2005 03:24 PM

RE: NAP 360 Tuning

forgot to mention. off about 8" left & high to where i was ( dialed in about 4" groupat 30)

liquidorange 09-14-2005 03:11 PM

i just switched over too. so far after an hour of shooting im doing great. im getting better groups in general than my old biscuit at all ranges. i also sat down and eyed up each arrow on the string to pass through with the odd fletch perfectly through the top opening of the rest. i then marked the arrow with a sharpie red marker on the nock and the arrow shaft so if the nock turns a little i can re- align it perfectly in the field. so far no shredded fletching and im loving it.

NY Harvester 09-14-2005 04:33 PM

Gad to hear the feedback! I played with it a bit more today and am grouping well at 20 yds. again:). Gonna try some longer distances tommorow.
LiquidO, are you shooting Helicals?
I had some fletching contact, lowering the centerpost a bit seems to have solved it.
Some guy was telling me at another sitethat it wont group wellafter 30 yds for nuthin..

Justin 09-14-2005 06:34 PM

Does your 360 have the old post cap, or the upgraded version? The old style cap was rounded on top with a piece of teflon in it, whereas the new cap sort of "craddles" your arrow - resulting in better grouping, especially at longer ranges.

I've been shooting mine all summer and I love it. Can't wait to get out in the field and really put it to the test.

liquidorange 09-14-2005 06:58 PM

i have the old style then. i just bought it this weekend at gander mountain. i will call for a newer style. one thing i did notice is that i aligned the top fletch a little off center to make the lower 2 fletch flow through it without contact. im shooting a right helical. not sure of the degree of helical but its not much. HNUJUSTIN- how is the rest wearing in. what is the longevity of the metal prongs with the teflon tape?

NY Harvester 09-14-2005 07:47 PM

Here's the link with the new post cap.

http://www.newarchery.com/arrowrests/qt360.asp

liquidorange 09-15-2005 03:16 PM

they are sending 2 of them for free. i love good customer service. im getting a good feeling about this rest like when i had my old fork rest. it was way more accurate than the biscuit but now i cant live without a rest that doesnt hold the arrow.

NY Harvester 09-17-2005 08:30 PM

[:@]Noticedwear on the post cap after 2 days. Can't group nearly asconsistant as the bisquit did.Ireally dolike mostNAP products.
Can you say time for a drop away ? ;)

liquidorange 09-18-2005 04:06 PM

im showing signs of wear on the bottom and my top left post is worn through to the metal[:@] at around 150 shots through it even though i was careful to leave plenty of space. i called nap and they said the new guide line is to use the new style bottom post and to leave a credit card size gap between the top 2 posts. i will wait till i get the new parts but ive lost that loving feeling. i cant believe it. i feel like a test dummy. i mean dont you think they would have put this thing through a couple thousand rounds before marketing it. i guess thay wanted to get a hunk of the whisker biscuit market. im kinda soured. the biscuit went back on.on second thought im gonna try to return it.