Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Arizona E-Z Fletch >

Arizona E-Z Fletch

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Arizona E-Z Fletch

Old 09-12-2005, 05:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Arizona E-Z Fletch

Does anybody have any expierance with the Arizina E-Z Fletch? I am considering getting one cause I wreck too many fletchings when shooting. How long does it take for the glue to dry when they are in the fletcher?
Old 09-12-2005, 07:45 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Arizona E-Z Fletch

I use the Arizona E-Z Fletch, and it works great. I can do an arrow in about two minutes.
The most important thing is arrow prep. Use some 400 grit sand paper, or fine steal wool and lightly scuff the arrow shaft, (make sure you get a vane stripper). Wipe of the arrow shaftwith alcohol. I also scuff my new vanes with a finger nail file. I use Bohning Fletch Tite, youcan shoot arrows in about an hour. I also like Martin Archery vane glue, it drys almost instantly.
Ihave been using dura vanes, but I am thinking of switching to quick spins. I think they are more durable.
I am extremely hard on arrows, and have saved a lot of money fletching my own.
Old 09-13-2005, 06:59 AM

I reccomdend the jo jan mono or multi fletch.
Old 09-13-2005, 08:26 AM
Boone & Crockett

The local shop has been using the Arizona EZ fletch and the fastset gel combo for years. An arrow can typically be fletched in a few minutes. Very fast and easy to use. I bought one to use in addition to my BPE pro and now I find that I hardly use the BPE model.
Old 09-13-2005, 09:52 PM
Fork Horn

One thing I don't lilke about it is, it's dificult to fletch just one feather, unless you hold it by hand, align it by eye, and pary to the arrow gods
Old 09-13-2005, 10:05 PM
Boone & Crockett

Another little tip.

DO NOT use liquid super glues.
It will run into the joints of the arms and then you are screwed.

Honestly I would rather use a single fletcher such as the Grayling, Jo-Jan or Bitz if you feel spendy. The Bitzenberger is worth the money. I can fletch an arrow in 1-1/2 minutes with a single Bitz fletcher and AAE fastset gel. With a little practice it is a piece of cake to fletch arrows.
Old 09-13-2005, 10:11 PM

ORIGINAL: bigbulls

The Bitzenberger is worth the money. I can fletch an arrow in 1-1/2 minutes with a single Bitz fletcher and AAE fastset gel. With a little practice it is a piece of cake to fletch arrows.
You took the words right out of my mouth. I bought a Bitzenburget and can get an arrow done in one minute. I can get one vane done in ten seconds, but the other ten seconds comes from preperation. I know two guys who have had the Bitzenburger for over thirty years!
Old 09-14-2005, 03:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

i cant wait for the day youll be able to slide fletching in on some kind of molded in slot on the arrow shaft and have it lock in under the push on nock without any set up or glue. i should patten that idea.
Old 09-14-2005, 03:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: liquidorange

i cant wait for the day youll be able to slide fletching in on some kind of molded in slot on the arrow shaft and have it lock in under the push on nock without any set up or glue. i should patten that idea.
Even better-

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/product/standard-item.jsp?_DARGS=/cabelas/en/common/catalog/item-link.jsp_A&_DAV=MainCatcat21424&id=0032997 416928a&navCount=2&podId=0032997&paren tId=cat20063&navAction=push&catalogCode=QS &rid=&parentType=index&indexId=cat2006 3&hasJS=true

Old 09-14-2005, 04:54 PM
Fork Horn

Rangeball, you use them things??? Pretty neat idea if it works.

Quick Reply: Arizona E-Z Fletch

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.