Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Correct Arrow Length >

Correct Arrow Length

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Correct Arrow Length

Old 09-05-2005, 02:37 PM

Default RE: Correct Arrow Length

My opinion, loosen your sling so that at draw it puts no pressure on your bow hand/wrist. Also it appears to me that your draw is at least 1" to short. The elbow on your bow arm shouldn't be locked out but I don't like to see one that bent either, as it tends to be quite unsteady
Old 09-05-2005, 05:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

Oh and be careful if someone is on the other side of that wall and you slip. Well you get the point.
Old 09-05-2005, 08:06 PM

"Point" well taken!

ORIGINAL: MOTOWNHONKEY

Oh and be careful if someone is on the other side of that wall and you slip. Well you get the point.
Old 09-06-2005, 11:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Welcome aboard the board.

I cut my arrows out past the riser so that there is no way a broadhead-tipped arrow can fall off the rest and have the blades touch my hand.

I know a guy who just about shot off his left index finger when that happened to him. His hands were really cold, and with gloves on he didn't feel the arrow laying on his hand. Let's just say he felt it when he released. [:@]I keep telling him the sharp end is for the deer.
Old 09-06-2005, 08:24 PM

Just thinking about that hurts. I hope he is ok and back at it now.

I had the arrows cut down from 32½ to 27½ today. They are now 16.5% lighter. (11.4gr/in X 5 inches). I got home late and only shot one group (of 4). I noticed a little more zip...which makes sense due to the lighter arrows. I also noticed my first 2 shots were a little high at 25 yards.....again probably due to the lighter shafts. I adjusted and was able to get the other 2 in the zone. See photo.

ORIGINAL: Bulzeye

Welcome aboard the board.

I cut my arrows out past the riser so that there is no way a broadhead-tipped arrow can fall off the rest and have the blades touch my hand.

I know a guy who just about shot off his left index finger when that happened to him. His hands were really cold, and with gloves on he didn't feel the arrow laying on his hand. Let's just say he felt it when he released. [:@]I keep telling him the sharp end is for the deer.
Old 09-06-2005, 11:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

I agree with 1" past the front of the riser to keep your broadhead away from your bow hand. Especially if you're in the habit of resting your finder on the shaft as you draw to keep it on the rest.
Old 09-07-2005, 05:22 PM
Fork Horn

27 inch draw, 27 inch arrow to start with. With that rest you could probably shoot a 26 to 26 1/2 inch arrow. The proper arrow length is approximatley 1 inch in front of your rest. Also, you will need to get the correct arrows for the draw length and draw weight.