Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Tuning reflex

Old 08-28-2005, 10:06 AM
CJW

Default Tuning reflex

I was reading the manual about tiller adjustment. It says that in order to adjust the tiller you either tighten or loosen either limb weight adjustment bolt. But for the draw weight adjustment it says to tighten or loosen the bolts the exact same. So how do I adjust the tiller? The bow is unusually loud even with limbsavers and string silencers on it, could this be caused by the tiller being off?

Also, to lengthen the draw on the bow, do I need a bow press or can I remove the screw and position it without a press?

CJW
Old 08-28-2005, 06:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Tuning reflex

I used to shoot a Reflex and found that you didn't need a press to rotate the draw length modules, just tug a bit on the cables to rotate the cam a bit if its obscured by the limb tip. As far as Tiller, you are making minute adjustments so it really does not affect draw weight much. As for noise they are not the quietest bow bud not a problem either. Make sure your arrows are not too light and if you have a rubber tube peep that is likely part of the problem. Do you have a stabilizer on your bow ? Also a good limbsaver like the Alpha Shox helps some. I also found my Grizzly was poorly setup when I got it home from Basspro and had to go over everything and tighten them up.
Old 08-28-2005, 08:53 PM
CJW

So can I go ahead and adjust the draw weight screws? And yes I have a stabalizer on it.

CJW
Old 08-28-2005, 10:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

What I would do is crank her down to maximum poundage and then back her off as equally ( top and bottom ) as you can while monitoring your tiller. I forget how many turns per pound my grizzly was but a quick call to Hoyt customer service will confirm that. Back her down to what is comfortable for you. I also installed an STS on my Reflex Grizzly and it helped vibration enormously, I highly recommend those for that bow.
Old 08-29-2005, 03:49 PM
CJW

Which one do I get? The front mount I'm assuming?

Thanks

CJW
Old 08-29-2005, 08:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

You have to get the front mount if your does not have a rear facing insert.