Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
Thoughts on Hypertec? >

Thoughts on Hypertec?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Thoughts on Hypertec?

Old 09-26-2002, 10:56 AM

Default Thoughts on Hypertec?

I've been looking at the Hoyt lineup, in particular, the Hypertec.

Not planning on buying until after the season is over, but would like to hear any thoughts that owners have on this bow. I plan on shooting any new bow that I'm considering buying, but would like to know in advance any pros/cons before shooting.

I shoot a long (41&quot ATA Pearson right now, but the carrying wieght is KILLING ME!!! The Hypertec seems light, and specs say fairly fast.

Thanks in advance,

Jim.
Old 09-26-2002, 02:43 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 09-26-2002, 06:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Thoughts on Hypertec?

If you are going to use this bow for hunting primarily, I wouldn't recommend it. The 6" brace and 2" reflex is a trip to be consistant with. Also, bow arm clearence with that short brace height would be very critical. Like Siskyou, I also shoot a Cybertec, and its very accurate and breeze to shoot. Look for something in the 7" brace height area. Axle to Axle isn't as critical to me so long as its in the 33 to 38" area. If you want to buy a Hoyt for hunting, take a look at either the Cybertec, or the Ultratec. I had a rough time deciding between them two.

But no, the Hypertec isn't a good choice for hunting bow in my opinion. Also, it uses the Redline cam, which is wicked to say the least and not a fun bow to shoot, especially when you're stiff and tired in the tree when its 20 degrees outside.
Old 09-26-2002, 09:42 PM
Boone & Crockett

Jcrayford2001, like mentioned above, the HyperTec probably isn't the wisest choice in Hoyt's line unless you are a very seasoned, disaplined shooter. Form is critical with the HyperTec as for the reasons mentioned above on brace height and reflex geometry. If your very consistant in all your stances, ie treestand shots etc...then by all means your picking a very quick, powerful bow.

I personally shoot the 2001 VorTec which is the virtually the 2002 CyberTec and better than the 2002 VorTec. My choice for you would be the CyberTec or if you want a slightly shorter, lighter bow comparing the HyperTec, I'd recommend the HavocTec. To many, it's far superior than my VorTec in forgiveness and shoot ability but my opinion differs. My 2001 VorTec is the only reason I didn't go to a 2002, yet, but I'm waiting to feel the 2003 models.

<font color=blue>Good Luck and Good Shooting</font id=blue>

<font color=red>Rob</font id=red>
Old 09-27-2002, 09:34 AM

Thanks for the responses, guys.

I currently shoot Carbon Express 300's, and have liked them ever since I switched from aluminums. I'm wondering if with the higher speeds that carbon &quot;generally&quot; produce, is your accuracies reduced while shooting the Cybertecs/Vortecs? I would tend to think that the accuracy would increase (because of range-error estimations being somewhat eliminated).

Very good thoughts on the form aspect though; I can see why the short BH and reflex would amplify form errors....

Jim.

P.S. I think there's a question in there someplace....
Old 09-27-2002, 04:13 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 10-02-2002, 07:30 PM
Spike

Don't even think of getting the hypertec unless your form is perfect
and you don't mind a bruised fore arm. My son-in-law shot the 2001 model and now has the 2002 model, with the redline. It is a great bow for him, but it does bite his arm and he is not your average shooter. I shoot the vortec with a redline cam(2001 model) and love it. Look into the cyber or havoctec. Great bows. I shoot the protec for indoor, but it is a little longer and not so handy or fast for 3D and hunting. You should also check out bowtech, if there is a dealer in your area. Great bows also, but it is always up to the individual.