Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 HOW MANY OF U SHARPEN UR BROADHEADS?? >

HOW MANY OF U SHARPEN UR BROADHEADS??

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

HOW MANY OF U SHARPEN UR BROADHEADS??

Old 08-12-2005, 11:02 PM

Default HOW MANY OF U SHARPEN UR BROADHEADS??

Do u resharpen ur bh's or just put replacement blades on them??
Old 08-13-2005, 07:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: HOW MANY OF U SHARPEN UR BROADHEADS??

I keep a sharpener around just in case. There have been a couple times when even new blades just didn't seem sharp enough. But most of the time I just replace the blades.
Old 08-13-2005, 07:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

I resharpen until they can cut light arm hair.I will even put a better edge on new blades if they won't shave with ease.
Old 08-13-2005, 08:54 AM
Dominant Buck

I carry a tungsten carbide sharpener while hunting to refine the edges if needed , new blades will be sharpened before putting them on my arrows .
Old 08-13-2005, 12:52 PM
Typical Buck

I use Montec's so I resharpen all my BH's

One of the most important things in Bowhunting is a VERY SHARP BROADHEAD<<
Old 08-13-2005, 01:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well I shoot Wac'em BH.. Because of the offset of the blades, you can only resharpen the tip.. So I sharpen the tip and replace the blades! Works great!
Old 08-13-2005, 04:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: kevin1

I carry a tungsten carbide sharpener while hunting to refine the edges if needed , new blades will be sharpened before putting them on my arrows .
Just wondering why don't you just make sure their sharp the night before, or if you grab a dull one by chance just put it aside and grab the next. After all you only need one at a time to be sharp.

This is all asuming your not leavingfor a week ot two than of course I'd carry one.
Old 08-28-2005, 10:12 PM

i use montec's too so i resharpen!!
Old 08-28-2005, 10:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

I used to sharpen blades a lot when I shot Thunderheads.......I have this little wheel clamp deal that you lock the blade into and the work over different grit automotive sandpaper. The final strokes were simply 2 passes over the finest grit, and then youVERY carefully set them aside.
I could get those blades so sharp they were absolutely FRIGHTENING. Quite honestly they were the sharpest objects I have ever seen to this day.

They didn't shave hair.......the hair actually jumped off your skin with even the lightest effort.[:-]I have never seen a factory blade that came close to these sharpened ones, not even the best Rocky Mt. or NAP blades.
I still have that wheel downstairs and trust me, if you Thunderhead shooters saw what it can do to even a factory fresh blade you'd give me $100 for the thing.
Old 08-29-2005, 07:24 AM
Giant Nontypical

Oh yeah? Well, I can get my Magnus heads so sharp when I wave a freshly sharpened head over my arm, the hair leaps off my arm in sheer terror.

(First liar never stands a chance, Matt.[8D])

I really don't remember the last time I used a replaceable blade head, but I do know they were Muzzys. I can buy a half dozen good cut on contact heads for 1/3 the cost of 3 replaceable blade heads. Then I can sharpen them over and over again, instead of shelling out even more money for replacement blades. Call me a cheapskate if you like, but I prefer the term economist.

Quick Reply: HOW MANY OF U SHARPEN UR BROADHEADS??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.