Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Considering drop away rest for the first time and need suggestions >

Considering drop away rest for the first time and need suggestions

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Considering drop away rest for the first time and need suggestions

Old 08-15-2005, 06:49 AM

Default RE: Considering drop away rest for the first time and need suggestions

Just remember,springs can wear out,thats why I stay with the Muzzy-Zero Effect...Bob
Old 08-15-2005, 06:53 AM

I bought a muzzy 4 years ago, I still got it, still hunt it, and it has never failed, how many can say that abouttheirs????

and yep it's already to go for this year too...
Old 08-15-2005, 08:21 AM
Dominant Buck

I shot a muzzy zerro effect on a hoyt power tech and love it. I also shoot a quick tune 2000 on a hoyt excell and love it. Out of the two, I like the muzzy because once itis on and tuned (which is real easy to do), it needs n tweeking. The quick tune and the like that use a cable/string attached to the cable or string guide needs to be watched. I had my cable come lose one day while out in the field. I hear great things about the drop zone. Only problem with that is they are still rather expensive. I bought my last Muzzy for a friends bow on ebay for $40.00. The drop zone has been going for $75.00 at the cheepest.
Old 08-15-2005, 12:23 PM
Fork Horn

Are their any problems with arrow containment when drawing or when letting down with any of the rests mentioned? Has anyone had any experience with the napquicktune drop-aways, and how do you like them as well. Thanks so much for the replies, and keep em' coming. Bhuntere32.
Old 08-15-2005, 01:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

I shoot the Trap Door[align=center]Trap Door Mach 4 Arrowrest[/align]

The world's only inertia activated fall-away arrowrest is internally triggered by bow inertia or a bowstring release. Falls away 66% faster for even less contact and less friction. Machined-aluminum body with vertical and horizontal gang adjustments. Black. Right hand only.
Old 08-15-2005, 01:58 PM

I used the NAP Quick Tune 4000 on my last bow. It was easy to setup, quiet and I never had a problem with it. The only problem I can see with it is the fact that it uses a cable slide to actuate the rest. The slide on the new parrallel limb bows doesn't move as much so it might be harder to setup.

I currently use a QAD Ultra Rest and I really like it. It is quiet, fast and has full containment. I like the full containment feature as I do a lot of still hunting after I get down out of my stand. It's also kind of stupid proof during the draw. The arrow can't fall off of the rest. I'm sure a lot of people have had an arrow with a broadhead fall of the rest while drawing and had to let down to put it back on. Kinda scary.[&:]
Old 08-15-2005, 06:56 PM
Fork Horn

Are their any problems shooting thr blazers fletched right at 4 degrees off of a non drop-away like say the nap quiktune 3000 micro? I will be shooting goldtip 7595's. It sounds like their are alot of good drop-aways, and that everyone has their personal favorites. Thanks to all. Bhunter32.
Old 08-16-2005, 06:11 AM

I personally don't think you have to switch to a drop away to shoot good. If your set up is tuned properly a shot thru rest will perform fine or a containment rest like the Biscuit. The drop aways do work well and if you really want to switch I found the MZE to be the best that I used out of 5 or 6 different ones..Sometimes its just nice to try something new so good luck...
Old 08-16-2005, 05:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

I shoot the Muzzy Zero Effect on my Patriot Dually,and I love it ,it's one of the only piece's on my bow that I've never considered changing .I like to change thing's up all the time ,but not the Muzzy.It's the best rest I've ever used and has never failed since I've put it on my bow.

nubo
Old 08-19-2005, 12:20 AM

I have used the Muzzy Zero Effect for the last 4 years on my Parker Bow. Absolutely love it, has never failed me whether I'm shooting bucks,does and even a bear in '03. Having one less thing to worry about makes me a better shooter. Reliable and consistent.

Quick Reply: Considering drop away rest for the first time and need suggestions

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.