Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 What do you guys think and how are ya'll doing? >

What do you guys think and how are ya'll doing?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

What do you guys think and how are ya'll doing?

Old 08-09-2005, 06:01 PM

Default What do you guys think and how are ya'll doing?

How's everyone doing? Went out to shoot today after it rained so it wouldn't be quite as hot. Shot some a few days ago with a buddy too. I figured I'd take some pics of my groups and see what you guys thought of them and how ya'll where doing too. I went out and just shot these groups starting at 20yrds and moving back. These are my typical groups. My buddy says I'm doing good but I want to get some feedback and see how ya'll are doing too. Heading to a bow shop tomorrow with 2 buddies. One needs a new string and then we're going to shoot his 3-D range. The one where you actually shoot at a screen. Get to go to South Dakota deer hunting this year too. Met a guy with a big ranch up there thats letting us come hunt for free. He's sent us some pictures showing some amazing deer hes got up there this year. I can't wait for the season to get here too, it's too far away. Anyways let me know what ya'll think and I hope to see some more photes of others and how they're doing. Take care.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/melancon196/album?.dir=/65ce

Sorry I couldn't get the pictures on here. Files are too big. That, and I'm not real good with computers.
Old 08-09-2005, 06:28 PM

Default RE: What do you guys think and how are ya'll doing?

Well, I am doing pretty good, considering it is August, I hate August, and it is hotter than.......well.......you know.
Good thing to be shooting with friends, keeps it competitive, keeps you sharp, and just makes it more fun. I am disappointed in your groups, however. I mean, at 50 yards......geez......I would be robinhooding from there. I couldn't shoot at the same spot like you are. I would lose all my arrows.....[8D]
No, those are fine groups. Nicely done. How is the first shot of every practice session? Right where you want it? Practice is great, but the first one is really the one that matters.
Old 08-09-2005, 08:22 PM
Boone & Crockett

Welcome to the forum. It is nice to meet you. I am doing fine as well...really fine as bow season gets closer. For some reason I couldn't open your file but if you follow that old adage about an inch of grouping for each ten yards then most people would tend to do fine.
Old 08-09-2005, 08:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

Do you have blisters on your hands from pushing them in? Just kidding. Like mobowhuntr said there would be no knocks left on the arrows if It were me shooting. Youll get there keep trying.
Old 08-09-2005, 10:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

Well, I ain't dead yet, so I guess I'm doing pretty good too.[8D]

That's darn decent shooting. How are you at unknown distances where you're up in a treestand, kneeling behind a bush or leaning around a tree, make your best yardage estimate and shoot one arrow?
Old 08-09-2005, 11:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

That's darn decent shooting. How are you at unknown distances where you're up in a treestand, kneeling behind a bush or leaning around a tree, make your best yardage estimate and shoot one arrow?
That's why I try to get most of my practice on a 3D course. Known distance is repetitive and boring.

But yes, that is some pretty good shooting.

Mike

Old 08-10-2005, 09:20 AM

Good morning yall. Just woke up. Actually got to sleep in a long time since summer school at our college is over. Im glad to see some replys. But Im going to be honest. I hear alot about people busting nocks at every distance and frankly I think its crap. I knew Id hear alot of that on here. Ive shot with some really good guys and Ive never seen one that can bust a nock every time at any distance like several of you claim to be able to do. I started this post to see what yall thought of how I was doing and so yall could post your own pics of how yall are doing. If you want everyone on the hunting.net forums to BELIEVE you can actually bust a nock at any distance and everytime like you claim then start posting some pics. Because if you dont Im sure myself and alot of other people are going to believe your just blowing smoke. Sorry if this sounds blunt and rude but when Im shooting great groups by most anyones standards and yall tell me to keep practicing thats rude. moowhuntr said hed be robinhooding hes arrows and 50yrds and losing them all, PROVE IT. MOTOWNHONKEY said the same as huntr, thered be no nocks left, well I say PROVE IT. In reply to Arthur and driftrider, I shot a 3D tourny a few wks back. It was 25 targets out to 40 yrds. With kneeling, sitting, standing, leaning, I got 248 out of 300 on my first 3D shoot. And Im very good at estimating distance. I can pick a spot and be no more then a yrd off out to 45 yrds. So Arthur and driftrider, Im doing ok I guess. I rarely shoot inside of 40yrds, only when Im shooting with my shooting buddy. But I still say those of you that say I need more practice and that you would be losing all your arrows and robinhooding them all out to 50yrds, just prove it
Old 08-10-2005, 09:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

I hear alot about people busting nocks at every distance and frankly I think its crap. I knew Id hear alot of that on here.
Some guys are just pulling your leg and some guys just flat lie about things. And there might be a few guys who really are that good, but they don't tend to go spouting off about it. I've been able to shoot amazingly well at times, and amazingly bad at others. Don't take any of this stuff too personal.
Old 08-10-2005, 10:06 AM
Dominant Buck

Shoot, looks like you need to get more practiceJust kidding.

Nice shooten tex.
Old 08-10-2005, 11:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Easy there. AsI read through this threadI knew they were poking fun with you as you have some great groups going on there.
I'm sure the replies were made in fun. (maybe it was jealousy)

Quick Reply: What do you guys think and how are ya'll doing?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.