Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 to all pro shops >

to all pro shops

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

to all pro shops

Old 08-03-2005, 07:00 PM

Default to all pro shops

hello i have a question have any of you tryed the braided fishing line for serving repair i have seen the price of the fishing line at a store it is about 1/2 the price as the serving thread just wondered if anybody tryed this yet. i have tryed this on a bow but have no time to try this yet ......
Old 08-03-2005, 07:59 PM

Default RE: to all pro shops

ok i am not the best speller in the world i have tied the servings on with no time to shoot it till this weekend if any of u haave any feed back lets hear it. the super braid line looks just like the serving thread fells same and the same die. around????????????????????????????????????????
Old 08-03-2005, 09:13 PM

Default RE: to all pro shops

I know what you mean, it does seem the same, but I dont know the diameters of the braided fishing line.

You will need it to be like .026 or .022 those are your standard serving sizes, depending upon string strand count.

Also, you would need to wind it onto the spool of a serving jig, as you dont want to just wind it on by hand. I could see using it as a serving tool refill though, especiallyif you use a loop. The only thing contacting the servingin that case is the arrow nock.

Find out the dia. and let us know how it goes. Im willing to bet it would work just the same. Oh you may want to wax it some first,you wouldnt want itdigging into your string dry,that could cause a lot of friction, and probably string failure.

Whatever you do, I hold NO responsibility!