Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 To use a knocking loop or not >

To use a knocking loop or not

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

To use a knocking loop or not

Old 08-01-2005, 04:17 AM

Default To use a knocking loop or not

Hey I was making a list of what I want on my bow when I ordered it and I am stumped. Ive been shooing with no loop, but my buddy said he likes the loop, what do you think?
Old 08-01-2005, 06:07 AM

Default RE: To use a knocking loop or not

IMO Yes. This is my first one and I can tell a great improvement in my shot groups.
Old 08-01-2005, 06:55 AM
Typical Buck

Just don't forget that shooting a loop messes with yout draw length (more than you think). But, they are easy to remove if you get one and you find it too long.
Old 08-03-2005, 07:11 AM

Just my opinion, but I think you shoot more consistently with a loop. Plus you don't put as much wear on the string serving. Loops can be adjusted for length, so they can be fine tuned to your DL.
Old 08-03-2005, 08:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

I like the loop better than hooking directly to the string myself.
Old 08-03-2005, 01:19 PM

I would go with the loop. Besides saving wear on your string, you will not pinch your nock. You will also be releasing from directly behind your arrow.
Old 08-03-2005, 01:37 PM

I've been using a loop for several years and would never even consider not using one. My only advise would be if you can't tie one on correctly get someone who knows what they are doing to put one on for you. I have never had any problems with any loop that I have tied (knock on wood). The only trouble I ever had was trying a metal loop. They are terrible!!!!!
Old 08-03-2005, 04:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

i wouldnt say the metal loops are bad. ive been using the ultra knocks for many years now and even switched one season to string loop. there was no difference so i put the metal one back on because they dont wear out. ive never had a problem.
Old 08-03-2005, 06:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

rope loops are easy to tie on, and easy to learn to do it. I've never shot without one. I did, however, try a metal loop a couple of years ago, and twice had it hang on my release in about 20 shots, which took me by surpirse. I use a scott release, and for some reason when I released with the metal loop, it didn't release when it was suppose to a couple of times. I took it off the same day that I put it on, and tied a new rope on and have never looked back.
Old 08-03-2005, 07:18 PM

I guess I should have explained why I feel that the metal loops are bad. I put one on my bow a few years ago and it made alot of noise and I lost 4 FPS compared to a rope loop. I also read some horror storys from people who had them come lose and fly off. I really liked the idea but it just didnt pan out for me.

Quick Reply: To use a knocking loop or not

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.