Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

stabilizer?

Old 07-27-2005, 01:54 PM

Default stabilizer?

Is Carolina Archery Products Lore satbilizer very good or would a
Doinker be a better choice?
Old 07-27-2005, 06:35 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: stabilizer?

I have owned one of the LORE stabilizers and though it was of average performance for what is out there today in terms of noise and vibration reduction. I am not a big fan of the doinker style stablizers so I will reserve my comments on the further. For the money I think the Sims SCoil would be a better choice. If money isn't a major concern then the Sims Enhancer 2000 or modular would be my suggestion.
Old 07-27-2005, 06:59 PM

i agree i am using the sims enhancer 2000 and the s-coil and it is an awesome combo
Old 07-27-2005, 07:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

D
Old 07-27-2005, 07:42 PM

I've shot pretty much all of the stabilizers mentioned. The one I would recommend is the Stealth Stabilizer. You will definately notice a difference in both shock and noise. Not to mention,they are weighted correctly! Because of this you will see your groups shrink because you bow is easier to aim.
Old 07-28-2005, 11:36 AM
Dominant Buck

I have a Sims Modular on my recurve and I've been pretty happy with it . I had a NAP Shock Blocker on it previously , and it worked pretty well too , although I like the adjustability of the Sims better .
Old 07-31-2005, 09:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

a guality, fixed stabilizer from 9" to 12" in length would be my choice. Stay away from the rubber jointed stabilizers. When I first started shooting I used the Torque Tamer. I loved the balance, but in the colder months the tubing of my setup changed. As the temperature changes the rubber will react by getting stiff in the cold and mushy in extreme heat thus changing the characteristics of your setup. A stabilizer is just that, to stabilize and steady your bow hand. A mini stabilizer is useless and you don't need a rubber jointed stabilizer if you take time to tune your equipment. Very little noise is eliminated with a rubber stabilizer, unless your way off tune. Check out a few solid mounting stabilizers until you find one that balances your bow and steadies you bow hand.
Old 07-31-2005, 11:35 AM

As mentioned before, don't overlook the Sims S-coil. They work every bit as good as the high dollar Doinker, at about $15.
Old 07-31-2005, 11:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

S-Coil works for me!
Old 07-31-2005, 12:12 PM

Another vote for the S-Coil here.

It's not the best stabalizer if you're looking for a counter-balance, but if you're just looking to reduce the shock and vibration from your shot, the S-Coil works wonders.

I had no idea how much vibration I was getting with my old stabalizer until I put the S-Coil on my bow. I don't even feel anything now.

For $13.99 can you really pass it up?

Quick Reply: stabilizer?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.