Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

pendulum sights

Old 07-22-2005, 09:50 AM

Default pendulum sights

How do they work and how good are these.
Old 07-22-2005, 10:04 AM

Default RE: pendulum sights

First off welcome,now i have hears good things and some bad things bout them.I have always contemplated using them to eliminate the pin guessing game.You first sight in at 20 yards and then depending on arrow speed you should be good out to 30 yards or so.Be careful to sit at the same stand height if you can because at different heights your point of impact will be different maybe not that much but it's something you should find out before you draw on a deer.
Old 07-22-2005, 10:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Welcome to the site,
Not sure how they work, but when I used one I could get a grapefruit sized group from as low as 10 feet to as high as 25 feet up.I would set out targets at varying distances (5,10,15,20,25,30) and then proceed to shoot at each one. After the first volley at 10' I would move my climber up to 15 and start over. Last years rig was a little short on the 30 yard target, but all the others were very on.

I hear they only work on flat land, hills and valleys are a bad deal with pendulums.

This year I'm trying a single pin slider, something different.

Old 07-22-2005, 10:16 AM

I like the idea of a slider,but would be concearned about being able to get it moved in time to get the shot off.
Old 07-22-2005, 11:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Newman1, I plan on presetting it for the stand I'm on- likely trail or what not. I also plan on finding the happiest median for a shot as close as 10yards to as far as 30yards.
If I remember right somewhere about 25 yardszeroed in will get you there at those distances. I'll have to play with that to find out for myself.
Old 07-22-2005, 12:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

I love a pendulum. For me it helps keep things simple. No thinking, put the pin where it needs to be and shoot. I tried seeing how fixed pins worked for me and 15-25 yds worked fine. But once things got under 10, it started to fall apart compared to the pendulum.
Old 07-22-2005, 04:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

I had a keller. Sighted in on the ground and it was good to go up to30 yds . One shot ,Held high but still on the deer and arrowed her at 38-9 yds.(longest shot) loved the sight but a tad noisy, now I'm looking for the first one with a savage QC Pendulum. Alot quieter.
Old 07-22-2005, 05:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

Jersey,
You are going to LOVE that savage. That is what I switched to from a keller. Dead quiet, and much easier to see the pin. Killed a lot of deer with that keller though.
Old 07-23-2005, 05:22 AM

thanks for the info on the pendulum sight. why i asked was that i got a great deal on a martin compound bow with 30 arrows, a case, and it has a pendulum sight on it. It even lights up. once i figure out what kind of sight it is i will ask how to you adjust it...thx again everyone
Old 07-23-2005, 05:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

Sounds like a keller http://www.kellerbowsights.com/instructions.html

Quick Reply: pendulum sights

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.