Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Sts + B2 Biscuit = shot noise, anybody trimming B2's? >

Sts + B2 Biscuit = shot noise, anybody trimming B2's?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Sts + B2 Biscuit = shot noise, anybody trimming B2's?

Old 07-14-2005, 06:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Sts + B2 Biscuit = shot noise, anybody trimming B2's?

While trying to tame my wild horse bowI removed my drop zone and installed a B2 biscuit. The first thing I noticed right away was my Quiet STS equipped bow suddenly got louder and I could instantly hear the famous STS slap some people were complaining about. But why can I hear it now when I couldn’t with the drop zone?

While shooting a few bare shafts during the tuning sequence my bow returned to its original quietness. This leads me to wonder about the B2 biscuit and whether or not it needs a trim job like what was common with the older style biscuits.

I’m shooting Blazer vaned arrows and there is a definite noise increase when they fly through the disc as apposed to a naked shaft. It’s almost like a smacking sound.
I don’t have this noise with one of my back up bow’s shooting the older style trimmed out disc and blazers.

Are people trimming their B2’s successfully to ease up on the noise??

The Drop Zone or Shaky Hunter might be reappearing on my bow if I can’t get this new found noise to disappear.While tuning the WB I found the ATA to be off and once returned to near normal the tunability factor jumped up a notch or two[:-].
Old 07-14-2005, 06:25 PM

Default RE: Sts + B2 Biscuit = shot noise, anybody trimming B2's?

Put some bow string wax on the whiskers that face you, when shooting. I did this to get rid of the noise made when Turbo Nocks hit the whiskers. It works great! Or you could try some silicon.

Muratus
Old 07-14-2005, 06:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

I took some small scissors, and an exacto-knife and trimmed the brown bristles down to barely any, but kept allthe black. I can't hear it, on draw or shot. And I use 4 inch QuikSpins at full helical.
Old 07-14-2005, 11:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Cool deal, looks like my biscuit will be getting a trim job.
Old 07-15-2005, 11:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well I've got the biscuit trimmed and wollered out and the noise level did drop some, but not as quiet as a bare shaft though. Maybe ifI punch enough fletched shafts through it it will quiet down some more.
Old 07-16-2005, 12:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

You know, I've been thinking about this. I heard my bow shot from the side a couple weeks ago. Now that I think about it, the noise that I did hear did sound like what it would sound like if vanes it bristles like that. I need to put my NAP Quiktune two pronger rest on, and try to listen to it. As I said, I just thought it was the distinct Oneida sound, but I dont know now. [&:]
Old 07-16-2005, 02:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Throwing a bare shaft through the rest would be quicker, if you had any laying around that is.

What's funny is the quieter the bows get, the more you hear the other noises going on around it. Like the release slamming open, drop zone hitting bottom, blazers through a biscuit, the buzzing of a pendulum sight (gone)
Old 07-16-2005, 02:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Your right. Thanks. I don't know why I didn't think of that, even after I read your posts. [][&:]