Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 experts! please explain this? >

experts! please explain this?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

experts! please explain this?

Old 07-12-2005, 09:09 PM

Default experts! please explain this?

Had a problem with my Allegiance but I guess it's solved. But please explain this?

I first shot it with goldtip 7595XT's, still shot with a fishtail, centershot was aligned with the laser thingy, bow is 70#'s@30'' DL changed to 2315XX75's and shoots like a dream.With the goldtips I had to turn the nocks to find the sweet spot of the arrowsfor it to shoot good.

Took the goldtips and now use it with my 02'Extreme solo,even with broads it shoots just perfect, bow is also 70#'s30'DL and I did not have to index them like the way I had to with the Ally, only 3 arrows were used for tuning the Ally and Ihad to turn the nocks on all three, fletched the rest of the dozen and they flew perfect without indexingon the Extreme solo bow.

Both the alluminum and carbons are 27" with 100gr. broads or feilds.
Old 07-12-2005, 09:18 PM

Default RE: experts! please explain this?

sorry I don't know how the [email=70#--------got there, just ignore it.
next time I better preview it before posting, My bad.
Old 07-13-2005, 04:16 AM

I would never consider a bow "tuned" if all I had used was a "laser thingy". Chances are pretty good that the bow was not tuned well enough for a lower tolerance carbon arrow.
Old 07-13-2005, 05:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

If you had to turn the nocks you probably had clearance problems with your fletching.
Old 07-13-2005, 06:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

If you had to turn the nocks you probably had clearance problems with your fletching.
Or perhaps a spine allignment problem.

Lasers are nice to get you close, but they are really not a means to an end of tuning.
Old 07-13-2005, 08:01 AM

I talked to a well known bow guy on AT who setsup allegiances and he told me he was also having lots of trouble to get the Allegiance to tune with the GT 7595.
Old 07-13-2005, 04:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

I talked to a well known bow guy on AT who setsup allegiances and he told me he was also having lots of trouble to get the Allegiance to tune with the GT 7595.
I've got mine shooting bullet holes with Gold Tip XT Hunter 7595's cut to 28" with 100gr points.I found that therest was setslightly out from perfect center (away from the riser).

Mike
Old 07-13-2005, 04:27 PM

Yes you can get bullet holes, the guy told me it was just harder to do so because he feels the allegiance does not like to stiff of a spine.
Old 07-13-2005, 09:39 PM

Well! anyways, thanks guys but I made sure the arrow was not in contact with the rest orother parts of the bow, made sure rest dropsdown in time and I know that just makingthe center shot adjustment thatthe tuning doesn't stop there, I made minute and large adjustments with no luck!But my question is........

Why does it shoot perfect out of the Extreme solo without having to turn the nocks andwithout having to index it and with the Ally, it needs to be done? And when I change to 2315XX75's it shot like a dream?

I'm guessing that the way the cams are designed on the Ally where power stacks up front and the Solo stacking later, the Ally might need aonther type of carbons made for it?? just a guess!!

Here's my set-up:

02' Exterme solo
70# 30"dl
NAPS dropaway

05' Allegiance
70# 30"dl
NAPS dropaway

Thanks again guys.........

Old 07-14-2005, 04:32 AM

I'm guessing that the way the cams are designed on the Ally where power stacks up front and the Solo stacking later, the Ally might need aonther type of carbons made for it?? just a guess!!
I doubt it. I know several guys shooting gold tips through theirs with no problem. I would bet that it's a tuning issue, unless there is a defect with your individual bow.

Quick Reply: experts! please explain this?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.