Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Is it tied on right? >

Is it tied on right?

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Is it tied on right?

Old 06-23-2005, 09:02 AM

Default Is it tied on right?

Ok, another probably dumb question. I have a trophy taker shakey hunter rest. When the shop I got it from installed it the guy that was working there put the cord, that was connected to the rest, through the strands of my cable. As stated in an earlier post, I recently had my strings and cables replaced by another shop closer to my home. When this dealer attached the cord he "tied" it to the cable string instead of going through it. The way he tied it on is kinda like how you tie a loop knock on. He said that on the new string I got (which is a winners choice string) it was better to "tie it on" instead of going through it because of a special coating that the string(cable) had on it. Does this sound right? What do you guys think, is it ok to leave it like this or should I go through the string instead of tieing it on? thanks
Old 06-23-2005, 09:49 AM

Default RE: Is it tied on right?

As long as it doesn't slip, that is the important thing. If you put it thru the string it clamps down on it while you draw and makes it a bit tighter is all. I put it thru the cable and serve the top of it to make sure it doesn't move on me.

If you are concerned about it just look at it every now and then when you draw and make sure the rest is coming all the way up.

Paul
Old 06-23-2005, 10:35 AM
Boone & Crockett

The new winners choice strings have x-cote (very thin serving)on the cables. So unless you cut all of this off then the cord can not go through the string like you had it before.

I would have served it to the cable rather than tying it but if it dowsn't slip then it will be fine.
Old 06-23-2005, 11:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Bigbulls is correct , you cant put string leaches thru them either .
Old 06-23-2005, 07:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

Different guy's do thing's different way's ,I've had it done both way's and both way's work fine ,but as said earlier in this post be sure there's no slippage .

nubo