Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Bowtech for 2006 >

Bowtech for 2006

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Bowtech for 2006

Old 06-25-2005, 01:05 PM

Default RE: Bowtech for 2006

I hope they do not come out with anything new, this way I will not be tempted to buy a new one.
Old 06-25-2005, 04:57 PM

I heard Bowtech and Mathews will merge and create the penultimate bow.....
Old 06-25-2005, 05:12 PM

I too would like to see a deflex riser in a 38" or so bow. With all the energy available in the E-cams, it would still pack plenty of punch for hunting bow. For me, my Old Glory is about as perfect a bow as I have shot to date, but I would love to try a deflex riser with similar specs.

I would also like to see a different grip, or choices of grips. I have found, and I am not alone, the stock grip to be VERY sensitive to hand position. It can greatly change the shot.

JMAC
Old 06-26-2005, 06:55 AM
Boone & Crockett

Umm....HELLOOO???!!!!! [8D]

Im just playin guys. Dont get excited.

Now back to your regularly scheduled programming.
Yeah, yeah, but then I would have to worry about hitting myself in the leg with that lower limb.

As for the grip issue, I think grip options, such as what Hoyt is doing this year, would be a good idea. I do not have a major issue with their current grips but find it to be too "neutral" for lack of a better word. If the grip had alittle more character to it...maybe a thumb rest then I think I would have an easier time being more repeatable with it. Just a thought.
Old 06-26-2005, 06:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just got back from a week at the beach, and spending enough money on the kids to buy a new bow![:@] (Not quite, but close.)

My vote, a relatively straight riser like the '01 or '02 Pro 38. Different limb lengths like the Pro 38 and 40 to vary ATA and brace. I think 35-36 ATA with 7.5" brace would work pretty well. Now throw in Equalizer 2, with interchangeble modules that not only are capable of changing draw length and letoff, but also energy storage from energy wheel type to rompin' stompin' BK speed demon modules. Put in a secondary draw stop in addition to the current one, so the Bowtech haters can't scream about the bow getting locked at 100% letoff, and call it done.

Of course for those who are hung up on super soft shot feel, you gotta keep pushing the VFT envelope. Personally, I think the straight riser version would be plenty fast, feel very good to shoot, and be much more forgiving.
Old 07-18-2005, 08:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

I would like to see them keep the binary cam they have now but also make a soft one. It would be cool ifboth cams wouldwork on your bow as long as it is a binary cam bow. So even people with 2005 bows could get a soft cam.
Old 07-18-2005, 09:06 AM

I hope they do something next year that makes me consider buying a new bow. I was not very impressed with the new line up this year at all........of course I say that already owning a Bowtech. They just didn't make any improvements that I thought were even worth mentioning. I did not care for the draw on the new cams very much at all. I shot my Patriot side by side with the new bows and it was just as good in almost every way........and better in some. I would say the Allegiance was a few fps faster (maybe) but nothing to get excited about. 2005 was full of hype for Bowtech IMO and the products just didn't live up to it.

I hope 2006 is different because I love my Patriot, and would probably get another Bowtech if I find one worth the upgrade.
Old 07-18-2005, 10:51 AM

Another vote for a 37" - 38" ata bow with a slightly deflexed riser. I am also NOT a fan of the Bowtech grip, something similar to the new Hoyt grip would be perfect. (I put a Loesch on my Old Glory.) As for the E cams, keep them as they are! I'll take performance over adjustability anyday.
Old 07-18-2005, 10:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

For all you guys mentioning a forgiving bow with a deflex or strait riser:

Have you looked at the constitution? This has more brace height and pretty much a strait riser on it...........
Old 07-18-2005, 02:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

I havent read all the posts[&o],but has anyone mentioned the Allegiance with module adjustment.Sorry any of the "E" cams.
I would have definately bought the Allegiance this year if they had of done so.I'm just hoping they are not going to keep it one size specific for cams as Mathews.
Personally I would think it would have a much better retail value if all it needed was a $15 mod change.Look at the amount of guys that sell(or trade)there bow in every year.

Quick Reply: Bowtech for 2006

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.