Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Who Makes The Best Strings? >

Who Makes The Best Strings?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Who Makes The Best Strings?

Old 06-12-2005, 08:05 AM

Default Who Makes The Best Strings?

I know this has alot to do with personal opinion, but whats everyones choice for the best string maker. I have used Winners Choice for 3 years and am thinking about trying others, not that I`ve ever had a complaint about Winners Choice. I am just thinking about trying something different.
Old 06-12-2005, 08:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Who Makes The Best Strings?

Send Gibblet a PM. He is in the string business.
Old 06-12-2005, 11:05 AM
Typical Buck

I don't have any experience with them but several of my friends rave about the GAS Strings from pro shooter Eric Griggs.
Best strings I have ever seen are the one's Stewart Bowman makes for my Accu-Riser II bows.

Sag.
Old 06-12-2005, 01:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Two guys named Frankenhippie and BowBob.
Old 06-12-2005, 08:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

I agree give Gibblet an e-mail ,I have a set of his string and cable's on now and there as good as you can expect ,but better than most .I've gottern another set ordered from him right now for a friend .The craftsmanship is great and his serving is even better ,I'd give him a try ,at half the price of these top end string companies ,his quality and customer relation's is second to none.

Here's Gibblet's e-mail

[email protected]

John Mraz

nubo
Old 06-13-2005, 12:26 AM

well, i just finished my first 3 color set. red, orange, and yellow with red serving. they look good, colors are nice and separate, but they'd look a lot better if my bow wasn't camo. man that was a lot of work. probably be easier when i do your's nubo. i've got a surprise for you too. i think you'll like it - oh 2 surprises. hehehehehehehehehehehehe you'll have to wait and seehehehehehehehehe.
Old 06-13-2005, 06:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

That's not a question I can correctly answer--but what I can say is the George Bowman strings, made here in Canada, have come a far way.

His prices are good and the strings/cables have really improved over the years.
http://www.bowmancustomstrings.com/
Old 06-13-2005, 02:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

I agree ampahunter,I have always used Winners Choice but gave the bowman strings and cables a try and I am truely impressed.
I would like to try out Gibblets strings and cables though,maybe when a new set is in order

I got my string and cable in red and blue and man they look good
Old 06-13-2005, 07:38 PM

Just got a Vapor Trail on my AR and I've been shooting off it for two weeks with zero creep stretch or any other discernable movement in the cables and the string. Serving shows now sign of wear. I like it so far.
Old 06-14-2005, 04:17 AM

There are lots of guys out there putting together good hand-made strings. They can use the same materials and construction technique is usually similar. I would look at the guarantee carefully and buy from someone with a fair price.

Quick Reply: Who Makes The Best Strings?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.