HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Technical (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical-20/)
-   -   Which of these bows is the best for the money??? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical/100746-these-bows-best-money.html)

nubo 05-20-2005 05:54 AM

RE: Which of these bows is the best for the money???

Check the Diamond line out as well . But you may be able to find a bow that's a year old for a decent price ,therefore getting better quality for a lesser price .

nubo

Gundigest 05-20-2005 07:06 AM

I will make sure he gets a bow that will fit him. I thought about getting a used mathews or bowtech but most of them are still higher than $350 closer to $450-$550 but I will keep looking, but in case I can't find one I want him to look at a few of these bows.

Thanks and keep the input comming.

Tom

burniegoeasily 05-20-2005 07:14 AM

Id have to say the one that feels the best. I dont think there is the "best" bow anywhere. The best bow is the bow that fits the shooter best. ;) If he wants the best, he needs to try them and see which is the best for him.

hoyt3 05-20-2005 07:57 AM

I like hoyt/reflex, then parker

Mattiac 05-20-2005 09:03 AM

ORIGINAL: burniegoeasily

Id have to say the one that feels the best. I dont think there is the "best" bow anywhere. The best bow is the bow that fits the shooter best. ;) If he wants the best, he needs to try them and see which is the best for him.

EXACTLY!!!!!!

Have him try all the bows he can get his hands on, and when its the right one, he'll know. Then all thats left to do is make if fit perfectly and BUY IT!

Fit is also critical....but the others already covered that. TRY before you BUY!!!!

Dont forget that good accessories are a lot of money too, and they are almost more important than the bow itself. A cruddy rest, or shoddy sight isnt going to help him shoot well.

Good luck getting him a good bow...and dont overlook the classifieds sections of archery sites....some great deals to be found!

Terasec 05-20-2005 09:13 AM

I have the browning tornado,
And love it,
only complaint is i would prefer lower poundage,
its a 60#-70# bow set at 60#,
brother has a 20 yr old bear 55# bow with no peep, and he can shoot bulleyes all day long,
while the weight on mine gets to me after 1 hr of practice,
he can also keep it drawn sighted in all day long,
while after drawn i am limited on time,
either way dont think bow matters much, as long as its a match to the shooter,
also would recomend getting it from a pro-shop that can have it tuned for you.

Rick James 05-20-2005 09:57 AM

Honestly I was recently in the same position as you when setting up my father for his setup, and we shot them all and the Reflex Grizzly was the best deal we could find and it was right around $300 for the bow. It is an awfully sweet shooter, fairly quick, and the same cam system as hoyts except for 1" increments for draw length adjustment instead of 1/2". The Excursion is a nice bow too, but it doesn't have the bearings in the cam, and isn't as quick.

HuntingBry 05-20-2005 10:46 AM

From what you have listed I'd say the Pearson or the Parker. They're a little better than the others listed IMO.

Muliefever 05-20-2005 01:35 PM

I have the Reflex Grizzly and I am really liking it so far! Shoots great for me. And I totally outfitted it for $100 more. So for under $400 I am shooting with the best of them! It will shoot my elk this year!:D

realmfg 05-20-2005 06:58 PM

Parker all the way.. quality