Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Wisker biscuit vs ripcord >

Wisker biscuit vs ripcord

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Wisker biscuit vs ripcord

Old 05-18-2005, 09:28 PM

Default Wisker biscuit vs ripcord

my Bk2 is set up with a WB at the moment anyone have an opion on the ripcord? is it worth it to change rests and retune BK or stay with biscuit? any opions out there?.
Old 05-18-2005, 09:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Wisker biscuit vs ripcord

Depends. Are you hunting, or using it for 3-D or what? If your hunting, I would say stay with the WB, since its a full containment rest, the arrow wont fall off if you have to get into some awkward positions. If your using it for 3-D, I would say use the Ripcord.
Old 05-18-2005, 11:08 PM

I have a ripcord and I use it for both hunting and 3d. I highly recomend this rest.
Old 05-19-2005, 06:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ive used the bisquet , and liked it . Ive allso used the ultra rest which is very similar to the ripcoard , and had some problems , it was loud for one . They say the ripcoard is quieter , and cheaper .
Old 05-19-2005, 08:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have not used the Ripcord, but also have used the Biscuit and the QAD UltraRest. My QAD rest wasn't loud, it makes just a little click noise, where the Biscuit (to my ears) makes a little slap sound when the fletch punches through the bristles. That noise is louder with softer vanes. IMO, when the QAD (or Ripcord) rests are working properly, I like them a little better than the Biscuit. The first reason is that they are silent on the draw, where the Biscuit makes a little noise with all but the smoothest arrows. All 3 rests are full containment, so that is a wash. With the Biscuit, fletch type can be an issue, and it seems to me that if you have a flaw in one of the fletches, you are more likely to get a flyer out of the group than a drop away. I think the drop aways are a little more forgiving with less than perfect shots. Still, the Biscuit can be tuned to shoot very well. If you are expecting a big improvement in accuracy from a drop away, you may end up a bit disappointed. The Biscuit is also simpler, and less likely to malfunction in some way. The "Velocity Drop away" feature on my QAD caused problems every once in a while before finally hanging up more often than it dropped correctly. I eventually gave up on the full containment feature and removed the little catch to get 100% reliable drop away functioning. I will probably continue to shoot the modified QAD until mid-summer, then decide whether to go with the Biscuit for hunting, or leave well enough alone.
Old 05-20-2005, 06:45 AM

What about the noise while drawing if you're using the wisker biscuit for hunting? Several have told me they have spooked deer with this noise. I've also seen it happen on video.
Old 05-20-2005, 08:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Some arrows, like some camo carbons, make enough noise to be a concern. Smoother arrows, like Axis, Beman ICS, etc. make no draw noise at all, at least compared to other rests.
Old 05-20-2005, 12:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

I agee with JOE the diferance probably is that I only shoot feathers , and I would guess he shoots vanes , thats one reason we are geting diferant results . I admit the Bisquet does make more noise on the draw than the Quad , which comes with a moleskin inter lining .
Old 05-20-2005, 01:22 PM
Dominant Buck

Get a muzzy zerro effects and call it good.
Old 05-20-2005, 02:20 PM
Jlo

I shoot a NAP 2000 Quik Tune Drop away. It holds the arrow pretty well but I am having trouble with the vanes hitting the rest after it falls away.

A pro shop here said go with Muzzy. Can you give me some info on that zero effect rest?

Quick Reply: Wisker biscuit vs ripcord

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.