Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 all you hoyt guys... >

all you hoyt guys...

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

all you hoyt guys...

Old 05-18-2005, 12:09 PM
Typical Buck

Default all you hoyt guys...

I've got a three year old hoyt mt sport. dimensions are-50-60# (set at sixty) 29" draw. what my question is is this. can you buy better higher poundage limbs for this bow? I do not have the financial backing to buy the hoyt I want RIGHT now, but don't really need to because I shoot very well with this bow. I would like however to have a 60-70# bow. thanks
Old 05-18-2005, 12:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: all you hoyt guys...

My buddy looked into it. He said he couldn't find parts for his bow cause they no longer made it. He looked for an older one to get to switch parts off but never found one. Check ebay they always have cheap bows on there.Good luck.
Old 05-18-2005, 01:42 PM

my dad also has that bow(used to be mine untill i grew out of it and into my razortec) but i dont think that you could switch the limbs on the bow to get a higher poundage...not positive tho.
Old 05-18-2005, 02:37 PM

Why not?
Old 05-18-2005, 02:53 PM
Dominant Buck

As long as the limbs are compatible with the riser pocket you can mix and match. OR I should say, I assume you can. Also consider the cam system as well. Best bet is to ask the guys at a pro shop. I have a buddy that put old redline limbs on a power tech riser and a single redline cam. The bow is a sweet shooter. This is why I am assuming it can be done.
Old 05-18-2005, 06:43 PM

ORIGINAL: SPIKEHORN11

My buddy looked into it. He said he couldn't find parts for his bow cause they no longer made it. He looked for an older one to get to switch parts off but never found one. Check ebay they always have cheap bows on there.Good luck.
The Reflex Excursion is the exact same bow, painted differently and with the name Reflex on it. They still make the bow, just not marketed as a Hoyt. Go to your pro shop and see what they can do. You may be better just to get a new bow, the limbs are fairly expensive.
Old 05-19-2005, 07:33 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: mobowhuntr

ORIGINAL: SPIKEHORN11

The Reflex Excursion is the exact same bow, painted differently and with the name Reflex on it. They still make the bow, just not marketed as a Hoyt. Go to your pro shop and see what they can do. You may be better just to get a new bow, the limbs are fairly expensive.

thanks for the input. I wish that I could get a new bow. just bought 20 acres though, and I believe that is where that bow went this year. I'll ask at the pro shop. that little bow shoots soooo well, it will be hard to justify a new one. yeah, shoulda waited for the 70#'er to come in, but you know how you get with new gear. gotta have it NOW!
Old 05-19-2005, 01:24 PM
Dominant Buck

If you are worried about stoping power, 60lbs is plenty. years ago I had a girlfriend who droped every animal she shot at with a 45lb 50lb. I believe she had it set at 48lbs.
Old 05-20-2005, 07:59 AM
Typical Buck

I'm not worried about stopping power. I'd just like to get a bit more umph from the bow. I shoot about 240fps, and would just like some more speed. I have killed 6 whitetails with this bow. pass troughs on all but two. it seems that what I am wanting to do is a bit too much trouble, and I will be figuring in a new bow to the finances for next year...
Old 05-20-2005, 08:04 AM
Dominant Buck

I'm not worried about stopping power. I'd just like to get a bit more umph from the bow. I shoot about 240fps, and would just like some more speed.
I can relate. Im always "needing" a new toy. Last years toy was a 300 wby, this year is a couple of tripods, and a new bow. Its a vicious cycle.

Quick Reply: all you hoyt guys...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.