Community
Technical Help Post your technical questions here, such as those pertaining to posting, replying, images, etc. DO NOT POST HUNTING QUESTIONS HERE!!!!

Blocking members

Old 10-17-2013, 09:33 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Blocking members

How do I block certain members posts? Tired of reading nothing but their advertising of their products.
Old 10-18-2013, 11:47 AM
Super Moderator

Jerseyhunter,

Not sure that you can specifically block posts, but if the posts are advertising, inflamatory, in bad taste, offereing movie trailers, foreign or senseless dribble or the sale of items by non authorized sponsors, report the posts and the Moderators or Admin can delete the posts and take appropriate action against the person.

I know it may seem that we don't get to the Spam quick enough, but we all check HNI before and after work and if we get a break during the day.

We are trying, but we are severely outnumbered by the number of "BOTS" keeping you up to date on the best line of wedding dresses, handbags, pills, movies etc.

If you have a specific problem with one or two repeat offenders and need assistance, please PM me with the details and we will look into the problem.

Hope this helps,

Take Care and Shoot Straight!
Jayne

Last edited by ladybowhunterAZ; 10-18-2013 at 11:50 AM.
Old 10-18-2013, 03:30 PM
Typical Buck

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by jerseyhunter
How do I block certain members posts? Tired of reading nothing but their advertising of their products.
As ladybowhunter said, the mod team does indeed crack down on people who are trying to spam the forum with ads. Just click on the yellow triangle (!) below the user's name in a post and report the bad post, and the mods will take a look.

Thank you (and thank YOU, mods!),

Paul
Old 10-19-2013, 12:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

go to the persons profile, click on user list, click add to ignore list, when you open up a forum and a new thread is started by them the title will not show up so you know they are on ignore and can just disreguard the thread.
RR
Old 10-19-2013, 03:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

Thank you for the info one and all. Ridge runner I used to know that years ago but like I said, years ago LOL.
Old 10-19-2013, 05:26 PM
Super Moderator

Good answer RR. I knew it was possible but hadn't explored how. It's a good option for some members, especially if it resolves a problem.