Community
Technical Help Post your technical questions here, such as those pertaining to posting, replying, images, etc. DO NOT POST HUNTING QUESTIONS HERE!!!!

I cannot see threads

Old 01-08-2011, 02:58 PM
Spike

Default I cannot see threads

I cannot see any threads in the different forums. I can see the sticky posts and sometimes a new thread if it has just been posted. I see the thread tools and where you can choose how you view threads by name, date, ascending, etc. I can set that to any time, 1-2 days or back to the beginning but still can't see any threads. Is this a problem with the site? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 01-08-2011, 06:19 PM
Fork Horn

I am having the same issue.
Old 01-08-2011, 08:17 PM
Spike

me too....
Old 01-09-2011, 10:35 AM
Spike

Me too....
Old 01-09-2011, 10:44 AM
Super Moderator

It's a problem with the forum. Someone accidently hit a wrong button and moved all the threads. They're trying to get it fixed. But they may have to move it all back one by one if they can't find an easier way. Either way, it may be a while before it's fixed.
-Jake
Old 01-10-2011, 07:10 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Bocajnala
It's a problem with the forum. Someone accidently hit a wrong button and moved all the threads. They're trying to get it fixed. But they may have to move it all back one by one if they can't find an easier way. Either way, it may be a while before it's fixed.
-Jake
^ ^ ^ This is correct.

All the threads are still around, but they are in the archives section under the 2010 turkey contests forum.
Old 01-11-2011, 08:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Don't you have backups?
Why not just have downtime, restore from back up and then bring the site back up.
Old 01-11-2011, 12:42 PM
Super Moderator

That's what the tech people are going to do. Use the backup before 'The Event' and merge it with the latest backup so we don't lose posts.

I was hoping that was the case but I'm far from knowledgeable about the technical side of the website so I didn't want to promise anything about what could be done for a fix until I heard from them.

This should be done sometime on Wednesday.

-edit- They're ahead of schedule!