Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Technical/Forum Help > Technical Help
How to post a quote in a reply >

How to post a quote in a reply

Technical Help Post your technical questions here, such as those pertaining to posting, replying, images, etc. DO NOT POST HUNTING QUESTIONS HERE!!!!

How to post a quote in a reply

Old 04-25-2010, 09:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default How to post a quote in a reply

can someone please explain to me how to post a quote in a reply. everytime i highlight a line and hit quote it sends the whole message. i then end up having to erase before and after the line i would like to keep for the reply. also how to reply to quotes a line at a time would be nice to do too. HELP-am i missing something?
Old 04-30-2010, 10:16 AM
Typical Buck

Just click the quote button next to the post you wanna quote and it will automatically take you to "post reply" place.
Old 04-30-2010, 10:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

1900 post and you just figuring this out? are you yankin our chain?
Old 05-01-2010, 08:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

no im not yanking your chain. when i hit quote it always prints the whole message of what the person said. if i only want to reply to part of it thats no good. im probably just use to all my other gazillion forums im on. on my other sites you highlight only what you reply to and hit quote. i guess im too lazy to learn a new way...
Old 05-01-2010, 08:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by halfbakedi420
1900 post and you just figuring this out?
HTML Code:
 i just figured something out now...
are you yankin our chain?
this method was weird to figure out... i mean they use greater than and less than symbols to reply to quotes... thats dumb i wish i was a computer programmer. why do you have to click on every icon to figure out what they do. how about the symbol " ... "
thats better
Old 05-01-2010, 09:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

i see what your saying, usually i just highlight what i dont wanna quoter and delete it, keeping what i want...or highlight what ya wanna quote and hit italics bold and whatever the other one is and it will bold it up a bit..hope this helps and if there is an easier way i'd love to know.
Old 05-01-2010, 09:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by liquidorange
no im not yanking your chain. when i hit quote it always prints the whole message of what the person said. if i only want to reply to part of it thats no good. im probably just use to all my other gazillion forums im on. on my other sites you highlight only what you reply to and hit quote. i guess im too lazy to learn a new way...
example