Community
Technical Help Post your technical questions here, such as those pertaining to posting, replying, images, etc. DO NOT POST HUNTING QUESTIONS HERE!!!!

Images

Old 06-09-2006, 05:06 PM

Default Images

How do I make an image small enough to put onas my avitar? or in my profile?
Thanks
Old 06-11-2006, 02:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Images

The limit is height and widthno more than 145 pixels. You could go to Irfanview.com and get the program as well as the plugins. Install the program, install the plugins. Uncheck the additional features when installing the program (I think it's google stuff). In the Irfanview program, go to File - Open then browse to get the pic file you want to use.Open it. The go to Image, Resize/Resample and set the dimensions at 145 on the largest existing dimension (make surePreserve aspect ratio is checked)and pixel density (72 to 92 dpi or so). Save the new, smaller pic with a slightly different name from the original unless you want to permanently alter the original.

This program seems to work pretty well for some folks though I've not tried it: http://bluefive.pair.com/pixresizer.htm

Or, you could go to www.allyoucanupload.com and upload whatever images you desire. Each one will be presented to you as a thumbnail and you'll be given links to the thumbnail and the full image. You could probably use the thumbnail as an avatar.