Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > After The Hunt > Taxidermy
 Judge My Mount ... >

Judge My Mount ...

Community
Taxidermy Tips and questions about taxidermy and the art of preserving the memory of your hunt.

Judge My Mount ...

Old 05-30-2005, 09:50 AM

Default RE: Judge My Mount ...

First let me say that the deer is beatiful. I wish I had it myself. I killed a nice one also this year but I can't figure out how to post it.

Now for the important information. Jealousy will be the death of all hunters. We seem to wrather use our arguments towards one another than to use it in congress to protect each and every one of us.

This past year my kids killed their first mountable bucks. At 8 and 10 years old this was a great deal for me. I enjoyed them shooting their deer more than me shooting my best deer. I seem to enjoy others killing big deer also and congratulating them. Now, granted when I was a young 15 years old, it use to make me mad that someone else killed a big one but that was childish jealousy. IMHO the rude remarks coming from those who are down playing the quality deer is just that.
Old 05-30-2005, 09:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

All right I have been watching this Bologna for a while now time for my 2 cents...........

DD nice buck!!!!

Is the forum called bicker and complain, or is it the taxidermy forum???.....along with this, lets not make it a braggart hole either where we wanna fight and get derogatory with each other.....

If you are gonna get offended by something than why post in the first place or continue to reply and fuel the fire??? Thats whats going on here, I am suprised this hasnt been stopped!

I dont have the power to do so BUT I dont really care to see this BS when I am on here for enjoyment...save the anger for elsewhere, come on we are all sportsmen who enjoy the outdoors here.

Lets all get along!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-31-2005, 12:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

StoneCold thank you for your remarks ...I am sure that some of the comments that I have made on this post might seem childish to some but my enitial question was " Please Judge My Mount" NOT Please Judge my Deer ... some of the RUDE remarks that were made just got my cackels up ... I did not nor did I expect everyone to give it a 10 BUT I would liked to have thought that if you ( not YOU StoneCold ) were not impressed by the job that was done on this buck and you wanted to give your opinion that one might have done it in a little more deplomatic way ... not just be down right rude ... I know the quality of the deer its self .. I am the one who pulled the trigger and for better or worse its MY deer ...all I was asking for was opinions about the mount ... I have since removed the pictures I posted ...its just not worth the hassle ...

Doc
Old 05-31-2005, 12:44 PM

DD....I have been watching this thread for a while biting my lip but I can't be silent any longer.
Any Tom, Dick, or Harry, with money, can kill a deer like this. Let's look at the facts here; the facts that YOU have provided:

FACT 1...You traveled to a Canadian province that is known worldwide as a big buck hotspot.

FACT2... You employed an outfitter to to all the leg work.

FACT 3.....You parked your butt in a rented box and waited for 4 years to pull the trigger.

FACT 4.....As far as I am concerned, you got ripped off. A 180 class buck isn't worth 10 thousand dollars give or take.

Where is the accomplishment in paying for a deer? Because honestly, that is all you have accomplished when it comes right down to it. Did you shoot it over bait? Think about it. And as far as the mount goes, I don't care who did it. IT"S A COMMERCIAL MOUNT....end of story. There is absolutely nothing spectacular or even noteworthy about it. There are taxidermists nationwide pushing out that exact same mount over and over and over again.
And lastly, where do you get off thinking that anyone would be jealous of this deer? Anybody with a little extra dough can buy one just like it, just like you did. Get over it and see things for what they are. You are not the great white hunter that evryone is envious of. I for one actualy feel quite sorry for you.

Happy trails
Old 05-31-2005, 12:48 PM

My case and point....you got ripped off
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...159024468&rd=1
Old 05-31-2005, 01:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

Well Moose you should have bit your lip a little longer ..or at least until you knew a little more about what you were talking about ...I paid $3500.00 for a 10 day hunt NOT $10000.00 ..also according to the offical Alberta Whitetail guide book the results of the hunters that visited there in 2004 only 12% harvested a buck over 160 ...so maybe I did not get as "ripped" off as you might think ... You might want to stick to Moose hunting ..you obviously know very little about Whitetail hunting in Canada.

Doc
Old 05-31-2005, 02:27 PM

Here we go again. MOOSE....Where do you get off telling someone how they are to hunt and enjoy themselves? The last I remember is that hunting is what each individual wants it to be. I have hunting leases in Texas and Arkansas and Louisiana. Does this make me a "non hunter"? Just because I can afford to hunt other areas " Where big deer are known to inhabit", does this make me a Non Hunter?

I guess if I go sit in a Wal-Mart parking lot and hunt real hard for a big buck....I am a great hunter because I am hunting where there is not many deer.

Moose.....give me a break.....you sound like you invented hunting and all the ways to hunt.
Old 05-31-2005, 02:28 PM

DD EVEN BETTER!!!! 4 years @ $3500= $14,000 for a 180" deer ABSOLUTELY PATHETIC
Old 05-31-2005, 02:35 PM

Doctor Death,

Just ignore this idiot. Maybe he will get on everybody else's nerves and they will throw him out of the forums.
Old 05-31-2005, 02:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

StoneCold its guys like MooseHorn that gives hunting a bad name ...as for the 4 years that I went to Canada and hunted I got MORE then my moneys worth ...I got to meet some other GREAT guys from across the country ...made some very good Canadian friends ... saw things in the wild that I would NEVER get to see here in Alabama and yes I got to take my "Dream" buck and am not ashammed that it was on a paid hunt...but I do not measure the value of the hunt just on the deer that I havested but the entire experience ... at least it was not in Saskatchawan where they bait the deer and I took this deer under fair chase conditions..in sub 0 conditions and with a Thompson Encore single shot rifle ....and Moose I am not sure why you imbeded a link to Ebay showing a set of LARGE horns but if you were tying to make a point why not show us a picture of YOU with a 180 class whitetal if they are so easy to come by ..why use a picture from Ebay?

Doc

Quick Reply: Judge My Mount ...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.