Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > After The Hunt > Taxidermy
 Judge My Mount ... >

Judge My Mount ...

Community
Taxidermy Tips and questions about taxidermy and the art of preserving the memory of your hunt.

Judge My Mount ...

Old 06-03-2005, 10:04 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Judge My Mount ...

Jesse your so right ...THAT was a MASTER piece ... most likely one of the very best I have ever seen ....that guys KNOWS HIS STUFF!

Doc
Old 06-03-2005, 08:17 PM

If you live and breath deer, after awhile theyll rub off on ya for sure. I keep about 30 of them to keep me close. Thanks for the nice words guys. That buck you mentioned actually has 6 drop tines, all between 4 to 8 inches. Its a heck of a buck, regardless of the mount.

Doc, I get to hear about every scenario here in my shop from the guys returning from some good hunts. I scrolled back through this thread last night, and it got me thinking. Where did you say you hunted out of, and what terrain? I have friends up there that hunt the fringe, agriculture and the bush. I also know guys that went up and hunted the conifer stands, with small gas right of ways or cuts as crossings. Im assuming you hunted ALB as Dobson is out of Edmonton.
Old 06-03-2005, 08:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

Bill I hunted in the Borel area # 508 ....I hunted with Don Tyschuk of Alberta Whitetail Connection and he lives in Edmonton. I really enjoyed meeting Brian Dobson and its a small world ..I am from Huntsville Alabama and he won his Worlds Championship here in my home town ... He might have been blowing a little smoke BUT said he found my buck to be EXTREAMY nice ...UNUSAL and with tons of CHARACTOR ... I do not know a lot about " TROPHY" mounts but I am very pleased with the job he did for me ... I was just hoping the mount would compliment the buck and I think it did ... maybe if I ever get to take a trophy buck I can get you to do it for me Bill ....you have a great reputation in your line of work ..

DD
Old 06-03-2005, 11:49 PM

If you live and breath deer, after awhile theyll rub off on ya for sure. I keep about 30 of them to keep me close. Thanks for the nice words guys. That buck you mentioned actually has 6 drop tines, all between 4 to 8 inches. Its a heck of a buck, regardless of the mount.

Bill, I think you are being a bit modest. Yes the buck itself was awesome. But that mount, is definitely an eye catcher. The realism you captured is what makes it great. Taxidermy is something I have always wanted to do. Hopefully some day I will get to do it. Their is a school not all that far from here. I hear it is a pretty good place to learn. Maybe when the kids are older. Take care, and keep up the good work.
Old 06-04-2005, 03:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

Bill not that score means all that much to me BUT what did that hawg score?

Doc
Old 06-04-2005, 10:07 PM

DD, as near as I recall, he was over 200 gross. Those drop tines add up! What was most impressive was his body size. His neck was over 28 inches where the average big boy would be 24 inches.
Old 06-06-2005, 07:44 PM

Just goes to show you that there are people paying attention. I am so glad someone actually got rid of the prick.
Old 06-06-2005, 08:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

StoneCold who was the prick that was run off ..don't tell me it was our ole buddy??? LOL

Doc
Old 06-06-2005, 09:16 PM
Typical Buck

hah knowing him he'll be back
Old 06-06-2005, 09:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

If it happens again I suggest e-mail to admin.

BTW - I'll be back to

Quick Reply: Judge My Mount ...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.