Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > After The Hunt > Taxidermy
 Wayne Krackenburg(sp?) >

Wayne Krackenburg(sp?)

Community
Taxidermy Tips and questions about taxidermy and the art of preserving the memory of your hunt.

Wayne Krackenburg(sp?)

Old 03-09-2005, 07:47 PM

Default Wayne Krackenburg(sp?)

Does any one know him or had anytihng done by him? I took my deer to him last november and was wondering if anyone knew of him. Hes from Pearl City, IL.
Old 03-10-2005, 04:44 PM

Default RE: Wayne Krackenburg(sp?)

I do not care for his work, but he does have a big following and mounts alot of deer every year. He is ok, but not the quality I like. I would never take a deer to him, a guy in galena does a noticible better job, but he is also $400 compared to wayne at $265-$285. I take mine to someone else for $285 and am still undecided how much I like his work. He has the looks down like the guy in galena, I hope his mounts hold up over the years, thats what I am nervous about. Crack's don't seem to hold up over the years, I have 5 deer mounts, but all 5 deer have been in the last 3 years. Time will tell if they hold up, so far ok. I have seen work by the guy in galena that is 12+years old and they look fantastic, but cracks 3+year old work is already showing sighns of deterioation. Crack just switched tanneries also last year for faster service....faster isn't always better.