Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > After The Hunt > Taxidermy
 antelope mount over night? >

antelope mount over night?

Community
Taxidermy Tips and questions about taxidermy and the art of preserving the memory of your hunt.

antelope mount over night?

Old 01-21-2005, 06:06 PM

Default RE: antelope mount over night?

THANKS FOR LOOKING!
Old 01-21-2005, 06:13 PM

THANKS FOR LOOKING!
Old 01-21-2005, 08:59 PM

Manboy, you might wanna get the posts straight. Call me what you want, but I didnt call you any name, mention the quality of your work, or anything else OTHER than agree with someone in here that capes on pronghorns do vary. Yes, I enjoy the taxinet, but I think Ill just go ahead and settle in and get comfortable in here too. Hope that doesnt make you uncomfortable...
Old 01-21-2005, 09:04 PM

Jeff, do you know many of the taxidermists that post in here? Im kinda new to this, so Im just learning who is who. Looks like a good group, where you can talk a bit more hunting along with some tech talk in between. How did things go this season in Texas?
Old 01-22-2005, 04:31 AM

Hey Bill,
I am from Ohio. Talked with you a couple of times at the " Ole Buckeye Mannikins " summer show they used to have in August. I still have some pics of you demonstrating how to alter a mannikin there. I am usually here and there in the forums, but like you, I like the hunting and tech talked combined.
ORIGINAL: Bill Yox

Jeff, do you know many of the taxidermists that post in here? Im kinda new to this, so Im just learning who is who. Looks like a good group, where you can talk a bit more hunting along with some tech talk in between. How did things go this season in Texas?
Old 01-22-2005, 09:50 AM

Hi Bill

I'm new here as you can see by my post #s. I don't know that many but like you am learning. I kinda suspect this forum is like discussing taxidermy in Outdoor life. Whereas I should be snooping around on a dedicated site.

Yet I'm not here for the taxidermy. I'm going backward in my aging and trying to learn some about elk hunting etc.... Yet I can't stay away from a few things I know a bit about like taxidermy and shooting.

I'm out of taxidermy full time due to some family issues and a few others called retirement and insurance benefits. I can just squeak in 25 years and be ok by retirement.

But I still do the taxidermy a bit at a time here on the side. In fact today I'm trying to help a young man learn at the shop so he can get started a bit too. Gotta head out for that soon. Our season looked pretty decent overall. At least part time will allow me to get to my stuff and my wifes stuff And allow us to go out of state here and there more..

Cnhntr
I'm sorry I gave you a male moniker. My apologies. Still guessing as to a famous name.....

Best, Jeff
Old 01-22-2005, 09:56 AM

Ronnie

In fairness you have hit a niche. Some folks want it mcdonalds fast regardless of looks or if its theirs or not. I hope you can cash in on that.

FWIW I've never had anything done where I hunted at. I just dont' have enough background n taxidermists quality. Even what you see in the showroom and what you get back can be different by worlds. And then there is customer satisfaction and longevity etc.... Hard to tell so thats why I had a taxidermist at home and brought it all back to him. After all once you know the main basics lots of it is simply care and reference material. Those folks you'll never change.

One thing I can totally say is that if you continue your route - premounting etc.... Charge those folks that are in a hurry well. That kind of 24 hour service is priceless regardless. After a time you get tired of calls at 3am etc..... I know-- I used to say 24 hour call in my phone book. But after years and realizing that if you got up at 3am for anyone else it would be double time and its not in your own business-- well you get the idea.

Jeff
Old 01-28-2005, 10:50 PM
Fork Horn

here's a mount a guy got back to me in 6 weeks by doing his own tanning in house....now notice the little gray-black spots on the white under it's chin....and also the thin spot in his fur below the antler on his shoulder from fighting....now if ya look at the mount you will see the same things there also....that would mean alot to me that i know it's my deer i got back......................bob

http://www.hunt101.com/img/219301-big.jpg " />

http://www.hunt101.com/img/231400-big.jpg " />
Old 01-31-2005, 04:41 PM

nice buck bob!
Old 01-31-2005, 07:12 PM

These are my mounts.I waited 6 months for them but there 100% all my animal. I personaly could never understand how someone could shoot a beutiful trophy and put someone elses cape on it. I rather show pictures for 6 months then have someone elses cape on my wall. Would you want to bring your deer to a butcher and as soon as you drop it off have him give you cuts of meat thats not yours. I'm not mocking your mounts they look better then i could ever do. I did do the skull myself though. I would just want my own cape. That's just my opinion.. Happy Hunting everyone

Quick Reply: antelope mount over night?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.