Community
Taxidermy Tips and questions about taxidermy and the art of preserving the memory of your hunt.

PLease Help

Old 09-15-2004, 04:33 PM

Default PLease Help

Im 16 yrs old and im just itching to be a taxi. I want to get a local job at one around here but i dont know where to start... And was wondering if someone can help me or if you know of anyone around my location... I live in Cumming, Georiga.
Old 09-21-2004, 06:49 AM

Default RE: PLease Help

don't know how far from you it is.
Blackcreek Taxidermy , does good work.check them out.also you can do a search under Taxidermy in Ga. through Yahoo or goggle.
Old 09-21-2004, 08:41 AM

gamehunter1269;
Your best bet is to contact your state taxidermy Assoc. Talk to the people there, and go to some of the meetings, and show's. If you're in Georgia contact Scott Hodge he's the president of the Georgia Taxidermist Assoc. He live at 498 Ross Rd. Byron GA. 31008. PH.# (478) 956-5537. Also you can go to www.taxidermy.net and look at all they offer. Wasco's has some great books out called the Breakthrough Manual's. Read up on all you can about taxidermy. Also there are hundreds of video's out there on taxidermy. Tools are pretty cheap, and most you can buy in your town. Order some of the supply catalogs, and see what they have to offer. Just don't try and jump into everything taxidermy has to offer in the beginning. If you're interrested in doing birds than do birds until you have them down pat, or fish, games heads, full mounts ECT. Taxidermy take a lot of practice so don't get discouraged at first. Good luck.
Old 10-12-2004, 07:13 PM

ok thanks ill try that...does anyone else know Anyone local here in North Georgia?