Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > After The Hunt > Taxidermy
Base for life size wolf mount? >

Base for life size wolf mount?

Community
Taxidermy Tips and questions about taxidermy and the art of preserving the memory of your hunt.

Base for life size wolf mount?

Old 04-01-2018, 04:44 AM
Spike

Default Base for life size wolf mount?

Hello to all!
I'm just beginning some taxidermy work and have got a life size mount of a large Alaska timber wolf. He's in a walking pose with all thread/bolt protruding from each foot. The feet are each in a level plane. What sort of base would you recommend for him? I've thought about like a slab of rough sawn wood with a live edge but also think a base that some how looks like snow would be really cool... PLEASE give me your thoughts on what would be best and maybe pointers on how to make that happen.
Thanks!
Old 04-07-2018, 04:32 PM
Spike

Does anyone have tips for how to make a convincing snow like base for a mount? Please give your input. I am not a taxidermist, but handle some mounts for sale and am trying to make this wolf mount really standout(and maybe a mountain lion too). Thanks for your input!
Old 05-03-2018, 07:55 PM
Typical Buck

Do a Google search on taxidermy supplies. Van Dykes and McKenzie have the supplies that your asking for, plus they have photos of finished work with their products.