Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > After The Hunt > Taxidermy
Mount sons first deer ? >

Mount sons first deer ?

Community
Taxidermy Tips and questions about taxidermy and the art of preserving the memory of your hunt.

Mount sons first deer ?

Old 03-06-2016, 05:35 AM
Typical Buck

Default Mount sons first deer ?

Have any of you ever done this ? I did ! 26 years ago ! Its still in nice shape. It was one of the littlest deer i ever seen but was shot in 4 foot of snow,back in the woods over a mile!
IMHO,this little mount will forever out do a photograph !
Old 03-06-2016, 05:43 AM
Banned

I DID NOT MOUNT THE FiRST DEER I EVER KILLED . IT WAS ALSO ONE OF THE SMALLEST BUCKS I've ever seen but at same time , most memorable.(you never forget your first)

since that day I have mounted several " first deer" for a variety of people most were very small but you always get a big grin when the mount is given to them.

on back of the skull plate, I always write a note to them(where buck was killed, year, with who , with what weapon ,and who was companions, in hunt.) so if they ever take the skull plate off the plaque, in the future another surprise is waiting. only a few have ever got back to me on this , last one was thirty years after the mount was made, when owner discovered the note.

Last edited by kidoggy; 03-06-2016 at 05:50 AM.
Old 03-06-2016, 06:05 AM
Giant Nontypical

I went out with my Dad for my first deer hunt in 1963 and shot a big 8 pointer that first morning. Mom and Dad had a nice sneak mount done for me and it's still on the wall in my northern MI cabin.
Old 03-06-2016, 06:19 AM
Typical Buck

I had my oldest sons first deer mounted, a nice 9 pointer(2004 he was 10). Such a memorable day with my son and my dad but I am pretty sure it means way more to me then it ever will to my son