Community
Taxidermy Tips and questions about taxidermy and the art of preserving the memory of your hunt.

Eyeball help

Old 05-09-2013, 10:35 AM
Spike

Default Eyeball help

I got my mount back and didn't notice until I got home that one eyeball had spray paint on it. Can't believe I didn't notice.

What's the best way to remove it? Will paint thinner hurt the eye ball? Thanks for your help!!
Old 05-09-2013, 01:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Palmetto08
I got my mount back and didn't notice until I got home that one eyeball had spray paint on it. Can't believe I didn't notice.

What's the best way to remove it? Will paint thinner hurt the eye ball? Thanks for your help!!
Is the taxidermist in your area? If they are, bring it back and have them fix it.

If not, call them and ask what they would do... if they have any understanding of decent customer service at all, they should be able to help you.
Old 05-10-2013, 07:30 AM
Spike

You can you paint thinner but use a Qtip and make sure not to have it to wet. After going over the eye use a paper towel to wipe it. After that use windex to clean the eye. If you don't fill comfortable with that then you can make the taxidermist do it. Good luck