Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > After The Hunt > Taxidermy
Alternative form? >

Alternative form?

Community
Taxidermy Tips and questions about taxidermy and the art of preserving the memory of your hunt.

Alternative form?

Old 01-16-2013, 07:00 AM
Spike

Default Alternative form?

So I have one buck mounted on the McKenzie 6900 semi sneak form....really really like it. Just learned that my cape from this year was cut to short, didnt leave enough hide for the 6900. What form did this replace? I am looking for suggestions on another form I can use that doesn't have the offset, so it wouldn't require the extra amount of hide, but is similar in pose to the 6900.
Old 01-17-2013, 06:14 AM
Fork Horn

I would think he could trim the form to fit if that is the one you really want.
Old 02-02-2013, 08:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Meder offset semi sneak would do it. Its no 6900 in looks but a semi sneak with offest shoulder. Meders done't have much of a chest on them so work good in a situation like that. If you want the 69 or another form with chest just add a habitat to the form with rocks or other habitat to cover the missing area. Easy fix and looks nice.
Old 02-22-2013, 11:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by marshall9779
I would think he could trim the form to fit if that is the one you really want.
Exactly. We modify almost every form we get, a good taxidermist can make it work. There is nothing to cutting a form and making it however you want it. Or you can just buy another cape, I am sure your taxidermist either has one or can get you one. Unless your deer has any real distinguishing features like a double throat patch or something really unusual this may be the best way to go.

Last edited by fritz1; 02-25-2013 at 04:06 AM.