Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > After The Hunt > Taxidermy
Thoughts on open mouth buck >

Thoughts on open mouth buck

Community
Taxidermy Tips and questions about taxidermy and the art of preserving the memory of your hunt.

Thoughts on open mouth buck

Old 12-12-2012, 11:29 PM
RJF
Spike

Default Thoughts on open mouth buck

Im the kind of guy that likes odd ball forms not your regular stuff Im thinking about having the wide 9 i took this year done with a licking branch. Havent seen one in person so im unshure. My taxidermist say some like them some dont. anyone have any other thoughts for a form?
Old 12-13-2012, 05:36 AM
Typical Buck

Never seen one done. Its your mount and if thats what you like I say do it. Its better than just having the standard shoulder mount.
Old 12-17-2012, 12:28 AM
Spike

Hey Buddie I apoligize for not seeing this post earlier but I'm new on the forums and just found the taxidermist forum. I have been a taxidermist for 30 yrs. I mounted my 50 th buck nibbling a branch and enjoy the mount. My suggestion for you is ask your taxidermist to look at the form book and see what turns you on, there are alot of choices today.
Old 12-23-2012, 05:07 PM
Fork Horn

I had my latest done with open mouth eating grapes from grape vine. I like it. Others opinions very from "love it" to "hate it".
Old 12-29-2012, 12:47 PM
Spike

Thumbs up Awesome Mount

Originally Posted by WrackMaster
I had my latest done with open mouth eating grapes from grape vine.
That sounds like an awesome mount!! Got any pics?
Old 12-29-2012, 02:04 PM
Fork Horn

here are a couple.
Attached Thumbnails Thoughts on open mouth buck-100_2363-2.jpg   Thoughts on open mouth buck-100_2365-2.jpg  
Old 12-29-2012, 04:37 PM
Fork Horn

my wife was going to get hers with a smile jsut to piss me off..make it looking like it was saying haha to me...she hasn't got the deer she was looking for yet so I'm still waiting for it..

I've never seen one though
Old 12-31-2012, 05:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

That looks pretty Awesome Wrack Master....different and very Life-Like!

Some where I saw a Buck Mount where they Guy shot a nice Buck with his Bow...He had it mounted with the Bucks head turned in towards its side like it was trying to pull the arrow out of its side and then there was an arrow stuck into the side of the Buck...different and the Taxi did a great job of telling a Story thru the Mount!
Old 01-01-2013, 04:32 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by GTOHunter
That looks pretty Awesome Wrack Master....different and very Life-Like!

Thanks!

Some where I saw a Buck Mount where they Guy shot a nice Buck with his Bow...He had it mounted with the Bucks head turned in towards its side like it was trying to pull the arrow out of its side and then there was an arrow stuck into the side of the Buck...different and the Taxi did a great job of telling a Story thru the Mount!

Yes. I've seen that, too. Looks very cool!
Old 01-21-2013, 03:40 PM
Typical Buck

Hey RJF I too like different poses for some mounts.

I don't have a close pic of it, but the antelope above the table light has an open mouth showing teeth which I like, and a Shiras moose that I had my taxidermist mount with an open mouth like I saw in a picture of a rutting bull.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.