Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > After The Hunt > Taxidermy
Taxidermy Photography >

Taxidermy Photography

Community
Taxidermy Tips and questions about taxidermy and the art of preserving the memory of your hunt.

Taxidermy Photography

Old 02-01-2012, 08:06 AM
Spike

Default Taxidermy Photography

I'm trying to gain some traction for this idea I had and I'm also looking for feed back from both hunters and taxidermists.

Basically this service is aimed to help hunters get the most out of their mount. If you own a mount you know that they are an amazing piece of craftsmanship, but you are really limited when it comes to displaying them. For one, the wife usually isn't all that thrilled about having your prized trophy front and center in her living room. The other problem is you only have one, so you are limited as to where you can display it. So this service is designed for those who would like to be able to display their trophy wherever they'd like. We accomplish this by taking your mount back into it's natural environment and photographing it in a manor that flatters the mount and brings out it's true beauty. The advantages of having some really amazing photographs of your mount are numerous. Your wife is more likely to welcome a framed photograph of your trophy hanging on "her walls" then she is to welcome a deer head. Not only that, but you can also hang a photograph of your trophy at your hunting lodge or your office. The options that having a unique photograph opens up are really quite immense.

The amount of creativity that goes into making the photograph can range from extreme to simple. If you want you could even be in the photograph, hunting the deer, or bear, or whatever it is. Since we would be working with a mount we can create any scene you want. If you want a photograph of your mount in the beauty of Autumn it can be arranged. Maybe you'd prefer to have snow on the ground, or the dense leaves of summer on the trees. The choices are only limited by your imagination.

If you are a taxidermist, this service provides you with another service you can offer to your clients. We would also be willing to give you the photographs so you can build your portfolio, or add them to your website. This would also offer you a chance to see your work in it's natural environment which could provide you useful information on how to improve your craft.

Here are a few examples of what I am talking about, for more information you can visit my website

Old 02-01-2012, 02:53 PM
Fork Horn

Very Nice!!!, what a great idea!, you have a talent. I looked at your samples & was trying to imagine what a European mt would look like laying on the forest floor. I really like your work, Doc
Old 02-03-2012, 06:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

No disrespect, but I don't think this is something I would ever want. If I have a nice mount I would want to display it, not a photo of it.

Best of luck . . .
Old 03-22-2012, 02:46 PM
Spike

This is a novel idea. I could see having a nice outdoor photo of a mount taken and giving it to one of my sons, or I could see someone hanging one of these photos in their office. And I really like the "art" you display here, what about one looking up from the forest floor into a bright blue sky!
Old 04-25-2012, 07:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have several nice Bucks and think that would be a very Cool idea and concept of displaying a Trophy...if You wanted to make it even more interesting by putting the Deer in front of some natural plants that would add a little color to it would kick it up a notch and make it a little more attractive...like using some Dogwood tree with the white flowers,a Red Bud with Purple blooms and so on so it won't look so dreary during the dead of Winter!

If You wouldn't have mentioned about the fact You were taking pic's of Trophy/Mounted Bucks I would almost swear those were Live Deer taken from a Trail Camera! I think You've come up with a Great Idea....run with it and I hope it makes You Rich!!!!
Old 07-08-2012, 06:51 PM
Typical Buck

It wouldn't replace my mount hanging where it is, but the pic would be a nice thing to have at another local at the office, etc...
Old 07-16-2012, 06:20 AM
Spike

I really like this idea and I think there is a market for it. It's hard to show friends and family a finished mount if its heavy / bulky and can't be moved around!
Old 07-25-2012, 04:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would do this. I can only have my mount in one place. Most are at our cabin. But it would be cool to have a nice picture of some of the better mounts to hang at home. And a shot of my dad's elk in the Rocky Mountains would be a great gift for his upcoming 82nd birthday.

But your web address gives me a "forbidden" error message.
Old 11-27-2012, 03:19 PM
Spike

very cool and nice pics! look really natural.