HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Taxidermy (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/taxidermy-50/)
-   -   Hi from a moose antler carver (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/taxidermy/357422-hi-moose-antler-carver.html)

dmitrygor 09-26-2014 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by Mackie (Post 4161085)
You are a very talented young man ....beautiful work!

Thank you for your appreciation!!!!

dmitrygor 11-26-2014 06:36 AM

The Bears....

Here is my carving recently finishes....a peaceful scene from the life of bears....

Oldtimr 11-26-2014 08:14 AM

You have computer and you have the internet. There is no reason you can't earn very good money selling internationally on the net. You may even be able to have one of the higher priced sporting goods outfits such as Orvis or Kevins to handle your carvings for you. With your talent, I would predict great success.

dmitrygor 11-26-2014 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by Oldtimr (Post 4172100)
You have computer and you have the internet. There is no reason you can't earn very good money selling internationally on the net. You may even be able to have one of the higher priced sporting goods outfits such as Orvis or Kevins to handle your carvings for you. With your talent, I would predict great success.

Oldtimr, thank you for your reply!!!
However, making art is one thing but selling art is another hard issue....

Oldtimr 11-26-2014 11:19 AM

I am fully aware of that. However, I have two friends who are canvas artists and they do quite well for themselves with wildlife art, they promote themselves and they sell through other venues. It takes a concerted effort to get known, oncean artist is known and popular, the selling pretty much takes care of its self. I have friends, several that are waterfowl decoy carvers, both decorative and working style, they compete in shows, set up booths at waterfowl shows and festivals and they do very well. I am not telling you it is easy, it takes effort but many of these guys are full time artists now. You certainly have the talent to do well if you promote yourself. Have you ever approched a gallery with your work to see if twey would handle and promote your work? Don't talk yourself out of trying. If I had your talent, I would have never worked for someone else.

dmitrygor 11-27-2014 05:14 AM

Originally Posted by Oldtimr (Post 4172128)
I am fully aware of that. However, I have two friends who are canvas artists and they do quite well for themselves with wildlife art, they promote themselves and they sell through other venues. It takes a concerted effort to get known, oncean artist is known and popular, the selling pretty much takes care of its self. I have friends, several that are waterfowl decoy carvers, both decorative and working style, they compete in shows, set up booths at waterfowl shows and festivals and they do very well. I am not telling you it is easy, it takes effort but many of these guys are full time artists now. You certainly have the talent to do well if you promote yourself. Have you ever approched a gallery with your work to see if twey would handle and promote your work? Don't talk yourself out of trying. If I had your talent, I would have never worked for someone else.

Oldtimr, thanks so much for your words, they are a great support for me!!!!

Rob in VT 01-14-2015 06:13 PM

You are a talented artist!

westernspeed 01-14-2015 11:28 PM

Beautiful works of art indeed! Very detailed and impressive!

dmitrygor 02-09-2015 11:42 AM

Oak cribbage board

This is a cribbage board I have just carved, made of oak, and in the middle is a wild life scene, a wolf chasing a deer.
The size is 38,5 x 25 x 3,6 cm.
It is for sale.

Oldtimr 02-09-2015 12:16 PM

If you want to sell it, post a price in US dollars. It is excellant work.