Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > After The Hunt > Taxidermy
How to turn rabbit ears right and MIGHT mount >

How to turn rabbit ears right and MIGHT mount

Community
Taxidermy Tips and questions about taxidermy and the art of preserving the memory of your hunt.

How to turn rabbit ears right and MIGHT mount

Old 08-15-2011, 07:25 PM
Spike

Default How to turn rabbit ears right and MIGHT mount

I have tried to do a rabbit pelt before and well kind of failed on the ears :\... I just got another rabbit, and well im going to TRY to do the full body pelt again + head with ears. SOOO im trying to find a video or something that shows me HOW to turn the rabbit ears. I find deer vids but not small animal such as rabbit .

Can some one help me out on that? also im useing the Van Dyke's Lutan F Kit, and i read after i put the last part on the hide as in the Oil part, that after 8 hours of it soaking in i can go ahead and put it on a mount, is this true? Or do i need to let it fully dry?

ALSO question, should i buy the ear turners off of Van Dyke's site? or would they be to big for rabbit ears?
Some one told me to just use a bent coat hanger and put salt water up in the ear while pushing the hanger.
One last question, I know i have done rabbits before but i have only used a knife to flesh them and well i want to know if this would be easier for me? http://www.vandykestaxidermy.com/T7241-P4747C151.aspx
OR should i just use a small hand razor blade?

I think thats about it, my last rabbit i kind of messed up a little so i want to do this one way better and even put a head mount with it IF i can do it right this time....