Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > After The Hunt > Taxidermy
First duck, what's your opinion? >

First duck, what's your opinion?

Taxidermy Tips and questions about taxidermy and the art of preserving the memory of your hunt.

First duck, what's your opinion?

Old 09-11-2010, 07:25 PM
Fork Horn

Default First duck, what's your opinion?

I had this duck mounted but to me the neck looks unnatural and too stretched out...what do you think? Maybe I'm too picky but it just doesn't look natural to me. Being my first duck I didn't want to say anything to the taxidermist since I figured it couldn't be fixed...I just picked it up today...what do you all think, you know more than I do!
Attached Thumbnails First duck, what's your opinion?-58481_824200254188_26721352_44749073_7349294_n.jpg  
Old 09-11-2010, 07:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Its a beautiful mount. But, creepy as I've ever seen. He seems to be paying attention to what is going on around him.
Old 10-16-2010, 02:18 PM
Fork Horn

I think that it is a beautiful mount! He looks alert and definately not natural. The problem with ducks are that as a taxidermist we know that they can turn, move, do a lot of different things that are natural. A good taxidermist should ask you exactly how you want it done and should show you reference pics for you to choose from. This way you are getting pretty much exactly what you want. Now, there mare a lot of taxidermists that do ducks but not as many that "SPECIALIZE" in waterfowl. My opinion is that the ones that specialze in waterfowl are the ones that you should bring your ducks too. I'm sure that there are som "jack of all trades" out there that do excellent ducks, deer, and fish equally as well but that is not the norm. I've learned that lesson myself and although I am expanding my taxidermy skills and range, I prefer to specialize in birds and that is where I will spend most of my efforts.