Community
Taxidermy Tips and questions about taxidermy and the art of preserving the memory of your hunt.

drops

Old 10-01-2009, 03:13 PM
Spike

Default drops

Alright I have a buddy's drops they are a set and I want to put them in a typical antler mount for his cabin. THe problem I am having is how to mount them so I can put them in the foam and mache them. Any suggestions.
Old 10-02-2009, 01:35 AM
Spike

for a shoulder mount you can buy skull plates made of wood with screws to attatch the sheds too. or you can get a european cast skull with pedicles. I used the skull plate with screws for an 8x7 elk. after attatching to mannikin, bondo and mache. you'd never know the difference in looks or strength. check Mckenzie's or wasco. they have em'
Old 10-04-2009, 04:02 PM
Spike

Alright thanks for the advice on wasco I do have a catalog but I was more or less looking for a cheap home remidy way to do these only because he is a friend and I am just starting these things. I didn't really want to order anything.

Last edited by biggamefish; 10-04-2009 at 04:06 PM.