Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > After The Hunt > Taxidermy
 russian boar mount >

russian boar mount

Community
Taxidermy Tips and questions about taxidermy and the art of preserving the memory of your hunt.

russian boar mount

Old 04-22-2007, 01:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default russian boar mount

just got mine back from what was told to me to be a high reputation type taxidermist in michigan and i have some questions on how they are touched up and mounted. first of all the nose looks about an inch or 2 too long. the front where the nostril holes are is painted shiny charcoal grey. it looks like i could have done it with a can of krylon. the teeth inside are splattered covered in pink paint. yesterday i found the tongue behind my computer desk. the mount is on an angle so maybe the glue gave out and it slipped from the mouth. the lower tusks where they sit in the socket have clear glue spewing out of the socket. i am no artist but ithink a couple extra minutes of attention would have made a difference. it cost 700$ with shipping. when i spoke to the taxidermist he said i could touch up the nose with a can of flat black spray pain and re- crazy glue the tongue or send it back. at this point i dont trust him. what would you do?
Old 04-22-2007, 02:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: russian boar mount

First off I'm very sorry to hear this about your trophy, and I'm not sure what you can do. I think your from New Jersey, I use only one taxidermist and that person is GEORGE DANTE of WILDLIFE PRESERVATIONS he is located in WEST PATERSON, his work is unreal. I wouldn't use no one but him
Old 04-22-2007, 03:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: russian boar mount

thanks! bowhuntercop i have a couple local taxidermists i trust but i will check him out in the future. looks like a half arse job. im not a picky guy but when i found the tongue on the floor that was the last straw. i called the taxidermist and basically said i took it out. yeah right! probably got loose in shipping. i mean he did such a great job with packing. just threw the head in a box with balled up newspaper arount it. i mean for 700$ i should at least get bubble wrap.this guy does some work for the rockstars of hunting if you know who i mean and i thought i was safe using him. im gonna eat this i guess. off to the store for glue i go![>:]